HSMP - Highly Skilled Migrant Program

clx-gc

All,

Thought I might start this new thread for people applying in the HSMP category.

My stats:

App Sent: 09/16/04

RD: 09/22/04

Correspondence 1: 11/15/04 (Need more detailed employment letter, also stated that my app is being processed).

Top 50 Global MBA Program Provision

The 2004 Budget announced a new provision for graduates of 50 top business schools to work in the UK for up to 12 months on completing their MBAs. This provision will form part of the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP).

The HSMP is designed to attract highly skilled people to the UK to seek and take work. The MBA provision within this addresses the weakness in the UK economy in the quality of management by attracting highly qualified and talented managers to the UK. The Masters in Business Administration remains one of the most recognised and respected management qualifications.

Check out:

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/wo...hemes_and_programmes/hsmp/mba_provision.html?

Problems re HSMP application

Hi

Great idea re the new thread for HSMP. I would like to discuss with anyone problems they may have encountered with their HSMP application in the scoring section for income earned. The problem I am currently having relates to their recognition of income earned that has been salary packaged.

Looking forward to users ideas and shared experiences.

Vokie

I have a question about original documents that need to be submitted with the HSMP application - I am planning to submit original employment letters, pay stubs, and tax returns. What other documentation do I need to submit? Are there any documents that a notarized copy would suffice, instead of an original?

refer 8.2.4 of HSMP guidelines

Wherever they have said original ,that must be original
wherever they have said evidence that can be notorised

HSMP - Income catagory problem??

Hi,
I have one query that needs to be verified before applying for HSMP
In the Earnings catagory
The problem I am currently having relates to the recognition of income earned.i am not sure how to calulate for 12 months.
I was deputed to client place in UK and worked in UK for 10 months. Its just 2 days i am back in india and joined my indian company.
Now how to calulate the total earnings as 12 months window spans across 2 different salary range.
10 months i was working in UK .For the rest 2 months i have to consider my indian salary.
Do i need to caluate the total salary for 12 months and convert it to Pounds?

Please help me in this section. I am qualifing for all the catagories but have dought in this section.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds
Jagadeesh.G

I recently got HSMP approval and I need to stamp Entry Clearance visa on my passport from UK Consulate.

My GC is in process and I guess in next 2-3 months my case will be reviewed.

If I get UK entry clearance stamping on my passport will there be any problem if my GC approvs and I have to get GC stamp on my passport?

Any opinions?

thx

Original documents

I have applied under this scheme in late March 2005, with my original documents. I got my reference number only sometime last week, after I
had requested them for one through email.
Now, for certain reasons, I requre my original documents. Is there any way I can request for my original documents without my application getting withdrawn??

HSMP + Top 50 MBA programs

I am interested in applying to the MSc Finance program in the UK. May I know where I can find a list of the Top 50 Business Schools?

Would a graduate from a UK MS Finance program be eligible for UK permanent residency under the HSMP provision?