• Very rude

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Very friendly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
IIO Yea sure

My EAD was ultra late, it came thru 4 months after their JIT report for 765 passed my date. No RFE nothin' I called the IIO, and she told me .. you need to see a pysychic if you are so tense, not talk to an IIO. (no kidding).

my exp

I spoke to the IIO two months after my FP ( WAC-02-XXXXX)
and I got the ionformation that my application is complete. However she told me that I should not call up and instead my lawyer should call up.
I thanked and hung up !

conflicting answers from IIO's

I talked to IIO last week and seemed to be quite friendly and told that both mine and spouse's are assigned. This week my spouse talked to another IIO to verify, but got the information that case is not assigned.
Which to believe now? :confused:

PCee, Tie-breaker call looks funny, but ..

Suppose if I call again IIO's will make sure that this person really in need of the approval and may send an RFE/ Interview and I'll be in trouble (Right now I'm in the brink of a lay-off) . My attorney is strongly against calling IIOs. Now I am just hopping for best to get it approved with out an RFE at wrong time! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
hometown,
Sorry to know that you are in the brink of lay-off. Hangon, hopefully things will get better for you soon.

One can find out if case is assigned or not only by talking to an IIO (becasue this status is not updated on AVM). In the past there are several cases where IIOs didn't have an up to date info. I mean people were told their case is not yet assigned but on the same day they received their approval notice by mail (that means when they were talking to an IIO the case was already approved)! The reason could be becasue the system is not yet updated when the case is assigned or approved etc.

So, most of the times (if the system is upto date) one may get some reliable info. if you think it is about the time and your case should be assigned by now and still the IIO says "It is not", just think positive and hope for the best that the case is already assigned and you are going to get your approval by mail even before AVM is updated. Note that it doesn't change any thing about when you will get your approval just by knowing whether the case is assigned or not!

Ofcourse if the approval is way over due (as per JIT) and IIO says the case is not yet assigned then one should start FAX enquiries or some thing else though!

Goodluck
PCee

Thanks PCee ...

for your consideration and good wishes.
Since I have filled only in Oct 2001, I know, I don't have any right to fax based on JIT at this time.

Thanks & Regards,
hometown.

When you call INS, if the IIO is a woman simply hang-up. It's rare to find a guy but they will be of great help. It happened to me couple of times with INS and several times with other customer care agents.
Again most often our questions are vague and out of too much curiosity and anxiety. we should understand their problem too. I think this forum provides excellent analysis and answers all our questions. I would advice to talk to IIO for genuine problems like, if a case taking more than normal time(based on this forum).

Last edited by a moderator: