How to Withdraw from a B2 extension I-539 application

Discussion in 'General B Visa and Related Issues' started by arun_2681, Feb 23, 2018.

  1. arun_2681

    arun_2681 Registered Users (C)

    Hi Experts,

    Could you please direct me to the procedure to withdraw from a B2 extension I-539 application. My parents-in-law had applied for a 1.5 month extension of stay in the US after expiry of their current I-94. Since, they did not get any response from USCIS, they did the right thing and left before expiry of the current I-94.

  2. newacct

    newacct Well-Known Member

    They don't need to. Leaving the US automatically abandons the application.

    By the way, there was no need for them to leave before their I-94 expiration. They could stay in the US as long as the I-539 was pending.
  3. 1AurCitizen

    1AurCitizen Registered Users (C)

Share This Page