How to update approved I-824

Hi Friends,
I am an employment based green cards holder and got married before the approval of my green card.
I filed I-824 application to got my family here in USA. Application was approved by USCIS in June 2008. While filling, my attorney made a mistake and did not put my baby's name in the application as derivative of the benefits but just my wife's name. State department is saying that I need to have my child's name in the application to get this application processed by state department.
Can you please guide me, How can I get my child's name added to the approved I-824 application?
Is there any other way to get this change done by the state department? Your help shall be really appreciated.
Best Regards


Registered Users (C)
No need to. When you fill out DS230 for the consulate. Add the baby`s name to it. and take the birth certificate to the interview. I am in the same situation but my 824 is still not approved .email me at if you have any questions.

I am not an attorney .So confirm before you take any steps .Do not quote my words.