How to Trigger First FP!! Any advice?

lisainaz

Registered Users (C)
Anyone have any advice on triggering a first Fingerprint (FP) notice?

Before it didn’t matter whether or not someone gets their first fingerprinting done later rather than sooner. But with CIS’ new pilot programs and JIT adjudication procedure, it is much more beneficial to have an early FP.

I filed my I-485 in July 03 and have noticed that many subsequent filers have received their first FP notices already. Its frustrating because CIS' JIT adjudication procedure only applicable to those applicants who have already completed FPs. No relief for those who haven’t received first FPs. :mad:

I completed fax enquiry 10 days ago. Will wait another 5 days and do a 2nd level fax enquiry.

WAC-03-206-53XXX
I-140 AD: 10/14/03
I-485 ND: 7/03/03
1st FP: ???

lisainaz said:
I completed fax enquiry 10 days ago. Will wait another 5 days and do a 2nd level fax enquiry.

Don't expect anything. They'll just send you a letter saying "your case is not 30 days behind JIT".

After participating in this forum for a long time, I can say with certainty that there is no known way to trigger FP notice. They'll send you FP notice when they think you're ready for FP.
Some people claim they've triggered FP notice by changing address, but I don't believe in that.

lisainaz said:
Anyone have any advice on triggering a first Fingerprint (FP) notice?

Before it didn’t matter whether or not someone gets their first fingerprinting done later rather than sooner. But with CIS’ new pilot programs and JIT adjudication procedure, it is much more beneficial to have an early FP.

I filed my I-485 in July 03 and have noticed that many subsequent filers have received their first FP notices already. Its frustrating because CIS' JIT adjudication procedure only applicable to those applicants who have already completed FPs. No relief for those who haven’t received first FPs. :mad:

WAC-03-206-53XXX
I-140 AD: 10/14/03
I-485 ND: 7/03/03
1st FP: ???

If you already paid for FP and have I-485 receipt. You do not have worry about FP. They will send it sooner or later. Please do not be carried away, all early FP results in early approvals. The approvals in concurrent filing are random. There are lots of people who have done 1FP, 2FP and in some rare cases 3rd FP. The bottom line is do not worry too much.

ruxrux,

I agree. Just received a letter from INS yesterday saying "your cases is not 30 days behind JIT". And that When my case is up for adjudication, INS will generate a FP notice.

The LUD was updated to reflect the fact that someone looked at the case before generating the notice. (The dates match).

So have to conclude that there is no effective way to generate FP notice. You could send faxes but you will get the same message and some mega frustration. But the good news is the projected processing speeds. Apparently at the end of this financial year. INS plans to reduce backlogs to 23 months. And at the end of the next financial year 14 months. Expect to see some crazy approval processing in the next 6-8 months.

On the FP front, people who applied in August 2002 are getting FP notices. Which signifies that they will move to 03 in the next couple of months.

Good luck to all of us.

I'm going to have to disagree with you guys. Early FPs are in a better position than late FPs especially if their I-140s have been approved.

As the JIT Memo states, applications that have their I-140 approval AND FP complete are put into the JIT batch. If, however, an applicant doesn't even have their first FP, their applications are not eligible for JIT processing.

CIS can delay JIT processing for those applicants whose I-140 is approved by stating that the FPs have not yet been completed.

I understand that I have to be patient and that some 2002's haven't gotten their first FP notices. As such, I'm speaking for those 2002s and 2003s who haven't yet received their FIRST FPs, but are standing by and watching 2003 APPROVALS and 2004 FPs.

I'm expressing my frustration with what I see as a inconsistent way of qualifying applications for JIT - the process should be based on FIFO. Therefore, 2001s/2002s should get their FPs AND their GCs first. Then, 2003s should get their FPs AND then their GCs next....and so on and so on. But this isn't what happening right now.

With what I'm seeing, 2004s who just filed their 485s this year and have had already complete their first FPs, will qualify for JIT processing once their I-140 is approved.

For people such as me, I'm still just waiting for my FP.

lisainaz,

No one argues with your point of view. All we were saying was that there is no effective way to trigger a FP notice. We have all tried and FAILED! Offcourse INS should follow FIFO, you have to be mad not to agree with that. Understand your frustration, unfortunately there is nothing you and I can do about it, unless the JIT passes your RD. As I mentioned in my earlier post, received a letter from INS saying "wait till JIT".

But don't let us stop you, go ahead and send your fax/letter to your Congressperson. Who knows you might just get lucky! :)

Good luck!