How to track your case status after your got passport stamped !

elmz

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All,

Who knows the way or website or telephonce that you can track your case status after your passport was stamped and waiting for plastic card, please offer your help.

ELMZ

one of the intermediate process !

After you got your passport stamped and before you receive the plastic card, there is no way to track on website or even contact USCIS.

Some freinds mentioned some intermediate process:

==========================
Fingerprint Status Check

Finger prints taken at USCIS goes to FBI for back ground checks. FBI is very efficient and processes and sends it to USCIS within 3-4 weeks. Once your finger prints are taken, you can check with FBI whether your back ground has been checked and your finger print report has been sent back to USCIS or not. FBI does not tell whether the finger prints were rejected or whether they found anything negative about you.

FBI can be reached either at 304-625-5590 or at 304-625-2406. They are located in West Virginia and it is the same number for whole of US. If the representative comes to the phone, he/can tell you about your case immediately or no one picks the phone, you may leave the message giving your spelled out name, contact phone number and Alien Number, (also called 'A' number. This is number is in the I-485 receipt notice and also in the Finger Print notice). They are usually prompt in returning phone calls.

If FBI can't track your details, you may need to contact your Local USCIS where you were finger printed to find out the status.

==========================

thanks

For the cases transferred to local office, I still do not know how it is processed:

STEPS:

1) USCIS ->(transfer)-> Local USCIS office (eg. Newark, NJ)
2) stampted (on passport)
3) back to USCIS ?
4) USCIS issued cards?

when will the plastic cards arrive? how to track it after 2) ?

Thanks,

Maozi

Once transferred to local office it cannot be tracked. There is normally a receipt number of the application from the local office but it cannot be tracked using the online case status, that's even if you get the receipt # which I doubt because the officer who stamps your passport usually orders the cards a few days later after your fingerprints are sent.

J4life95, Thanks

Hi, J4life95,

Last month I went to local USCIS office in Newark, trying to find out why my car had not arrived as my wife and my daughter recied their cards two months before the date.

The staff worked in the back office 35-40 minutes and then brought my passport to me, I noticed the stamp was marked with "cancelled without prejudice". I asked why she did this, she said my case is still pending and they were to give me notice in about one month. I was totally confused. I hope I can receive the notice in following 2 weeks.

I also called USCIS center and told the staff there, a lady told me this never happened before, and she told me the same thing, wait for one month for the further notice.

I worried about it somehow, as I heard that some people did get the delayed card. In May, my stamp will be expired, and I have no idea what I can do with it, renew the stamp? I sent Form-731v 3 times in last 3 months, hope it can remind them the delayed card. Who knows what will happen.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your information.

I called FBI a week ago. One of the numbers gives only access to automated system that allows you to order a report about your background check. On another number a life person answered. After I asked about my fingerprint status, he immidiately transferred me to the same automated system. After all the automated system refers you to the FBI website where you can order a report.

Is it what you mean? Very confusing.

I don't know about Newark, but in NY if your stamp has expired you can go in person to your local office and they will renew the stamp on the spot.

My husband's stamp on passport is expiring this april 16. He went for restamping to local ins( we moved out of state, and filed ar11). But the local ins did not stamp the passport, they said they cannot stamp it unless they see the file. They are not accepting the fact that the case was approved and stamped after inetrview. I have recieved the card late Nov '03 ( I am his beneficieary) I don't know what 's going on. I filed 731v in sep'03. No response. The local INS made my husband file 731 again in their office. I called the national inquiry with what happedned at local Ins and they said they will request for card and I should recieve the card in 3-4 weeks. Already 4 weeks and no sign of card or reply from anywhere.
Anyone had any experience like this please post.

Hi, kkg,

I think some staffs in Newark local office are not familiar with their work, I think the only way for your husband is to wait. Of course you can try others as mentioned in this forum.

I asked an immigration lawyer, he told me, when they told you one month, it probably means 2 -3 months, for some people, they are lucky to have response within one month.

As my stamp was marked as "cancelled without prejudice" although the expire dat is in May 18, 2004. The officer marked with my stamp ignored she has no right to cancell my green card with was approved via immigration law, only through legal procedures to cancel an green card.

I also was told within 3-4 weeks, I should obtain a letter or card, at least a reply from BCIS. My lawyer told me I could wait for the reply then go further.

Your husband is lucky, not "cancelled" by some officers, they prefer simplifying the case of inquiry, anyway, I suggested you go there again before the expire date, after you consult immigration lawyer, to talk to the supervisor, instead of the frontdesk, I do not trust them, from some eyes, we seems to share their benefits, but they may not know we also pay the tax here, not less than them. I am not comfortable there.

Good luck!

EL MZ

Originally posted by kkg
My husband's stamp on passport is expiring this april 16. He went for restamping to local ins( we moved out of state, and filed ar11). But the local ins did not stamp the passport, they said they cannot stamp it unless they see the file. They are not accepting the fact that the case was approved and stamped after inetrview. I have recieved the card late Nov '03 ( I am his beneficieary) I don't know what 's going on. I filed 731v in sep'03. No response. The local INS made my husband file 731 again in their office. I called the national inquiry with what happedned at local Ins and they said they will request for card and I should recieve the card in 3-4 weeks. Already 4 weeks and no sign of card or reply from anywhere.
Anyone had any experience like this please post.

Thank you Elmz,
My husband's stamp is expiring on April 16th '04. He is going to the local INS tomorrow with a lawyer. The lawyer feels that going back to newark ins who approved the case to restamp the passport won't work, since we moved out of NJ. At least we need temporary stamp till they take some action, otherwise the stamp is expiring. Strange INS, They don't accept the stamp given by their own department and their system does not reflect the updated status and God knows how they are working. Thier fault, we suffer.

Did you go to the local office again? what is the result?

Just want to know what is going on when you go the local office with lawyer?

stampt renewed?

Regards,

ELMZ

Oh man that's scary. I moved from NY to NJ after getting the stamp. Now that it's been over 8 months and I am still waiting for the plastic card. I filed G731V two months ago (with new address), no response yet. If I don't receive the card in a year, I'll have to go back to get another stamp. But your story about Neward office really scared me. I'll pray for you. Please keep us updated.

Thanks a lot,

I sent the forms 3 times, the earliest on was sent in Dec 2003, then Jan and March, up to now, there is no reply to any of the inquiries.

Good luck!

ELMZ

Originally posted by bw376
Oh man that's scary. I moved from NY to NJ after getting the stamp. Now that it's been over 8 months and I am still waiting for the plastic card. I filed G731V two months ago (with new address), no response yet. If I don't receive the card in a year, I'll have to go back to get another stamp. But your story about Neward office really scared me. I'll pray for you. Please keep us updated.

Just keep something I have done recently.

It is already 6th week since I called USCIS to confirm my status, I called them again today.

They still can not find any progress according to the receipt number. But they asked for other infoamtion information, likename, bithday, A#, current address. and told me again I will receive a notice or a letter or something like result in one month, I hope this time, they will tell me the problem on time, as my stamp will be expired in one month. It seems complicated now.

Some friends mentioned me the fingerprint, I called FBI too this afternoon, I can imagine she is a nice lady, she helped me check all of my family members, all processed almost two years ago and sent them back to INS immediately after being processed. I asked how many times our fingerprints were processed, she said only one time recorded. Therefore the second fingerprint is used for USCIS or other use.

I also consult my lawyer, immigration lawyer told me wait for a notice or reply from CIS, another lawyer (new immigration lawyer) tried to let me to revisit the local office until the case is cleard. I prefer to waiting for another two weeks. Then go to local office again. Obviously, for the transferred cases, there is no clue to track your case status until it is processed finally.

To Be Continued ... ...

Thanks to you attention.

Hi,

Would you spend some time here and let us know what is going on there.

Thanks a lot.

ELMZ

Originally posted by kkg
Thank you Elmz,
My husband's stamp is expiring on April 16th '04. He is going to the local INS tomorrow with a lawyer. The lawyer feels that going back to newark ins who approved the case to restamp the passport won't work, since we moved out of NJ. At least we need temporary stamp till they take some action, otherwise the stamp is expiring. Strange INS, They don't accept the stamp given by their own department and their system does not reflect the updated status and God knows how they are working. Thier fault, we suffer.