how to track fee bill?

I140inCA

Registered Users (C)
i have a quick question, is there a way to call and check the status of the fee once check is sent off to st. louis?

many thanks,
i140inca

I140inCA said:
i have a quick question, is there a way to call and check the status of the fee once check is sent off to st. louis?

many thanks,
i140inca

Call the bank and check whether they enchased your cheque or not

Friends,
Can you send a personal check towards payment of the Fee bill. Or does it have to be a DD or MO?

tarantula said:
Friends,
Can you send a personal check towards payment of the Fee bill. Or does it have to be a DD or MO?

No personal checks.........................cashier check is fine

tarantula said:
Friends,

Cashier's check or Money Order only. Personal checks and company checks are not accepted.

Raju

Can we send ONE consolidated check for all the applicants?

Like for husband and wife, is it ok to send one check for $ 670 or do we need to send TWO SEPERATE checks for $ 335 each?

GCChaahiye said:

Like for husband and wife, is it ok to send one check for $ 670 or do we need to send TWO SEPERATE checks for $ 335 each?

Yes u can send a consolidated cheque

GCChaahiye said:

Either way it is fine. Personally I would recommend 1 consolidated check. Easier for tracking and follow up.

Raju

I sent only one check to my attorneys being easy to track and also not have any tensions if one check gets cashed and the other does not.

They are giving a vague reply saying that though they prefer 2 seperate checks, one single check had been accepted in the past by USCIS and so, it should be "OK".

A Yes or No would have been good but I am not convinced with their "OK" and just wanted to confirm here.

Cashier Check

Can you guys confirm that cashier check or money order should in the name of "U.S.Department of State" ?

kaghzi72 said:
Can you guys confirm that cashier check or money order should in the name of "U.S.Department of State" ?

Yes. It should be drawn in favor of 'US Dept. of State'.

Raju

Raju595 said:
Yes. It should be drawn in favor of 'US Dept. of State'.

Raju

Raju,

My attorney asked me to get in the name of only " Department of State".

Is it essential for it to be in the name of "US Department of State" ??

GCChaahiye said:
Raju,

My attorney asked me to get in the name of only " Department of State".

Is it essential for it to be in the name of "US Department of State" ??

That was my mistake. 'Department of State' is what it should be.

Raju