How to survive during asylum process : Accommodation, income etc.

anonon

Hello there,

I am thinking of seeking Asylum in USA, California area probably SF. In the application process it mentions, It would take around 6 months to complete the cycle. I have few questions in regards to survival during Asylum process.

1) How can I get accommodation as I do not have funds to support me long term?
2) How can I start working early so I can fund myself during my asylum process for Accommodation, food etc.
3) Is there a way to fast forward the application process? How long does it take on average?

Where can I gain further advise in regards to this?

6 months! research more. Sometimes few years!
You need to find a job. try to connect to people from your country. In bigger cities it's easier to get a job. check restaurants etc.
good luck

Man. It takes a few years these days from the timelines I see. Please plan for it and prepare, be patient. Otherwise you will be disappointed or stuck.

Hello there,

I am thinking of seeking Asylum in USA, California area probably SF. In the application process it mentions, It would take around 6 months to complete the cycle. I have few questions in regards to survival during Asylum process.

2) How can I start working early so I can fund myself during my asylum process for Accommodation, food etc.
3) Is there a way to fast forward the application process? How long does it take on average?

Don’t even apply for asylum! It will take years and most likely in the end you will be referred to deportation proceedings if you don’t have strong evidence

I don't want to be negative but this is just the reality

- the prosses could take few months or few years depending on many factors , so assume you are going to wait for years .
- regarding work , you are eligible to work when you get a work permit . you get the permit after asylum approval or you can apply for one if the case takes longer than 6 months. assume you will have to wait for 1 year minimum to be able to work legally .
-if you have limited funds , California specially San Francisco is the last place you want to be , one of the most expensive cities in the US . and getting an apartment /room even if you have the funds is not easy for a visitor/asylum applicant .

i advise you not to seek asylum in the US unless you have a strong case and enough funds to cover your expenses for at least 9months/1 year

I don't want to be negative but this is just the reality

- the prosses could take few months or few years depending on many factors , so assume you are going to wait for years .
- regarding work , you are eligible to work when you get a work permit . you get the permit after asylum approval or you can apply for one if the case takes longer than 6 months. assume you will have to wait for 1 year minimum to be able to work legally .
-if you have limited funds , California specially San Francisco is the last place you want to be , one of the most expensive cities in the US . and getting an apartment /room even if you have the funds is not easy for a visitor/asylum applicant .

i advise you not to seek asylum in the US unless you have a strong case and enough funds to cover your expenses for at least 9months/1 year
I agree!!! People think asylum is a joke where you apply for it and can get it without physical evidence or any other strong evidence! Getting asylum is a very tough mission and if you don’t get you will end up getting deported sooner or later

Hello there,

So, where are you in yr process?

1- No need to stay in SF. Its very expensive. Stay in other suburbs like small city far from SF like lathrop, Modesto etc
2- Lot of places like restaurant etc can give you job
3- Though CA has the highest approval rates but duration wise no one can guarantee.