how to start using EAD?

wouldliketoknow

Registered Users (C)
Sounds kind of funny, but my H1B is expiring and my EAD is valid so I want to start using it. The problem is I don't really know how to use it. I work in a company with just two people and do contracting works, so what exactly do I have to do with my valid EAD so I do not work illegally when my H1B expires? I would appreciate it a lot if you could help me with this one.
Thanks in advance!

Thank you, unitednations for your valuable answer. That is exactly what i am going to do. I am glad you didn't find it to be a ridiculous question and took it seriously. I really appreciate it. Thanks again.

EAD --- H1b time?

One more question regarding this EAD thing--

Using EAD preserves ones' H1B time ---- that one can avail if some thing goes wrong with the process --

Now say someone has exhausted 4 years of h1b time of total 6 years.
Now he gets EAD and chooses to do nothing.

Will he be considered --- using h1b time or on EAD.

Thanks

One more question on cap. I got my EAD and my 140 is approved but still I am using H1, now I am thinking to change company on h1, although I can use my EAD I dont want to take any chance, would it be count against cap or just transfer of h1?

EAD and Additional Work

Got a follow up question on EAD.

Let's say a person has applied for 140/485/EAD through company A and his 140 and EAD are approved. He still has 2 more years of H1B time and currently working (on H1B) for the company A that filed his GC.

Now he receives an offer from Company B to do a part time job, say 10 Hrs per week (in the same field as specified in the labor certification). Is it legal to accept this part time work? Is he required to file any paperwork with USCIS? Will this hamper 485 in any way?

As far as my knowledge goes usage of EAD for full time/part time employment would invalidate the H1 immediately. He could work on the EAD for both company A & B however but no split.

Rgds,

Yeppo

EAD Use - attorney advice needed

hi
I work for company A and have an LC pending . 6 year h1 expires jul 2005.
company B applied for my 140/485 based on substitute labor(FUTURE EMPLOYMENT) and I have an EAD. (140 NOT approved)
Can I use my EAD to work for an employer C now and return to my 485 employer in a year or so ?

your advice is greatly appreciated.