How to schedule an appt at SFO?

nimatramatra01

Registered Users (C)
At SFO there are two gates leading in... one is the the regular line(Washington St) and the other with appointments only(Sansome St).
How do we make an appointment for the Passport stamping for the I-485 approval?
Infopass doesn't seem to apply for SFO.

Has anybody made an appointment?

schedule appointment

well, as the approval notice says, you hav to take the sansome street exit, 630.
so go to that exit. there are folks there that will tell you which line to go in.

appt

actually I went without making an appoitnment, it didn't seeem all that troublesome and probably is faster that way, if you just go early and wait a bit. just don't go like at 9, go round 7:30-8am you should be ok even on a busy day.

sekkie said:
well, as the approval notice says, you hav to take the sansome street exit, 630.
so go to that exit. there are folks there that will tell you which line to go in.

the street name on the approval notice is misleading. the security guy sends one back to the washington st (regular line) if without an appt.

I just got the stamping today at SFO. U do not need any appointment as they consider ur approval letter as appointment letter.

So, I guess they have to let you in at any time though you may have to wait in line or in the building until you are called with ur ticket number.

I went today morning and had to wait for 3 hrs but the work is done.u

Thats what they say. And thats the meaning of appointments. But I would not prefer to go in the afternoon.

Today morning at SFO, INS had computer break down and we waited outside for 2hrs until 9:30 AM. They allowed us after that but only the people with approval letters. All other people (like EAD, other applications) with non-appointments were sent back though they were also waiting with us from 7:30 AM. They said, due to computer break down, they could not issue more tickets, so come back tomorrow.

So, if you go at 1 PM or so, they may say - come back later.
Better go in the morning atleast before 10-11 AM