How to respond to a very general RFE?

Eb-1b Rfe

EB-1B RFE is generally not as complicated as a EB-1A RFE. Get yourself another lawyer, it is no big deal to change lawyers, the new lawyer would request your lawyer to provide him with the file and he is required to do so. There are also few lawyers referred to in the forum.

Yeah, I read your previous posts and have got some idea. Is it related to fields also? what field are you in?
thanks.

EB-1B RFE is generally not as complicated as a EB-1A RFE. Get yourself another lawyer, it is no big deal to change lawyers, the new lawyer would request your lawyer to provide him with the file and he is required to do so. There are also few lawyers referred to in the forum.

I see now that you are a prof. In which case, Govtl agency does not apply except for NIH (grant giving agency). They could potentially say that your research is very critical and that is why you got the funding. FDA/CDC or any other agency needs to say that your research field is very important for improving American life.
thanks
Ela
I am Assistant Prof. in an unknown univ. Thanks.
Original offer letter was from my dept.

That is too bad i could not get one from NIH or NSF, or others. And I don't have funding right now:(

I see now that you are a prof. In which case, Govtl agency does not apply except for NIH (grant giving agency). They could potentially say that your research is very critical and that is why you got the funding. FDA/CDC or any other agency needs to say that your research field is very important for improving American life.
thanks
Ela

ela, I have very few citations. How can I convince that my work is still outstanding? Do I need to mention it in some reference letters to address this issue because the publications are new? Thanks.

thanks
Ela

Number of citation does not matter in many ways. For example, 10 publications which are totally useless to the society in terms of direct effect. On the other hand, you might have just a couple which might have a direct impact/proven results. There is no rule about the number of publications. The quality not quantity is important. As long as you show that your papers are useful, you are done. Not to mention, you are going to produce more if they allow you to continue working...
thanks
ela

ela, I have very few citations. How can I convince that my work is still outstanding? Do I need to mention it in some reference letters to address this issue because the publications are new? Thanks.

Thanks, ela.

So you you need I mention in some reference letters to say something like "the publications are new so no much citation" is a good idea? Or simply not mention anything at all.

Also another question is that I got a reference who is a journal editor and asked me to review a journal paper for them. The reference does not know me at all except this. what do you think I should put in the letter? Thanks a lot for your continuing help!

Number of citation does not matter in many ways. For example, 10 publications which are totally useless to the society in terms of direct effect. On the other hand, you might have just a couple which might have a direct impact/proven results. There is no rule about the number of publications. The quality not quantity is important. As long as you show that your papers are useful, you are done. Not to mention, you are going to produce more if they allow you to continue working...
thanks
ela

If they did not specifically mention in the RFE that there is not much citation, don't bring it up. The letter has to talk about the importance of the article. If it is about the mode of action, then the author needs to say that FDA takes the mode of action very seriously and will NOT approve withou it. If it the other one, you can say that it has openned doors for new drug design. The letter need not be too big. First para addressing about the credentials of the author (he is so and so , he has so many publications, patents, editor, etc). next para contains why your publication is important, third para conclusion (strongly recommend that the petition be approved as it will benefit millions of Americans).
Let me know if you have any other questions
thanks
Ela
Thanks, ela.

So you you need I mention in some reference letters to say something like "the publications are new so no much citation" is a good idea? Or simply not mention anything at all.

Also another question is that I got a reference who is a journal editor and asked me to review a journal paper for them. The reference does not know me at all except this. what do you think I should put in the letter? Thanks a lot for your continuing help!

Thanks so much! ela, for the wonderful suggestions.

I wonder how to show the publication is important? Thanks.

If they did not specifically mention in the RFE that there is not much citation, don't bring it up. The letter has to talk about the importance of the article. If it is about the mode of action, then the author needs to say that FDA takes the mode of action very seriously and will NOT approve withou it. If it the other one, you can say that it has openned doors for new drug design. The letter need not be too big. First para addressing about the credentials of the author (he is so and so , he has so many publications, patents, editor, etc). next para contains why your publication is important, third para conclusion (strongly recommend that the petition be approved as it will benefit millions of Americans).
thanks
Ela

Ela, do you think it is a good idea to have some sentence like "
I am also confident that Dr. XX will continue to contribute research of major significance to the field" ? Because the "will" there.

Thanks for your opinion.

thanks
Ela

first sentence is OK. However, how does he you know your "will"? it may not fly. He can say " As demonstrated by his research work, Dr. XX will continue ... to the field" - You have let the author of the letter know that they are expressing their opinion and it can be anything (free speech).
Ela, do you think it is a good idea to have some sentence like "
I am also confident that Dr. XX will continue to contribute research of major significance to the field" ? Because the "will" there.

Thanks for your opinion.

ela, thanks. It makes much more sense.

first sentence is OK. However, how does he you know your "will"? it may not fly. He can say " As demonstrated by his research work, Dr. XX will continue ... to the field" - You have let the author of the letter know that they are expressing their opinion and it can be anything (free speech).