How to reset H1-B 6 yrs clock?

lohith

Registered Users (C)
To reset H1-B 6 yrs clock,

1. Does one has to stay out of US for 365 days?
OR
2. Can one switch to H4 visa for 365 days while spouse's H1-B active?
OR
3. Switching to other types O-1/F-1/.. for 365 days?
OR
4. Being on EAD while I-140/485 pending?

What exactly needed to reset 6 yr clock other than 365 days of out-of-US stay?
Can someone shed some light, please?

seen the link http://boards.immigrationportal.com...threadid=119043

every one says any H visa total cap is 6 yrs. So, if spouse has been on H4 less than the cap, in my case 2 years, then spouse can convert H4 to H1 for remaining 4 years of H cap.
Then my H1 becomes H4 and stays 4 more yrs. So total mine H stay is (8yrs H1 ext + 4 yrs on H4) = 12 yrs ?? :(

the only way to reset the clock is 365 days abroad. if u have finished H1 6 yrs then u cannot switch to H4 but J1/F1 etc are possible, on L1 u will get 1 yr but u dont qulaify for that category.

in alla cases switching to another category doea not reset the clock only 365 days abroad does that. In this case to switch back to H1 u will have to spend a year abroad.

I-140/485 do give u a chance to file for 7th yr extension but do not reset the clock.

waitin_toolong said:
the only way to reset the clock is 365 days abroad. if u have finished H1 6 yrs then u cannot switch to H4 but J1/F1 etc are possible, on L1 u will get 1 yr but u dont qulaify for that category.

in alla cases switching to another category doea not reset the clock only 365 days abroad does that. In this case to switch back to H1 u will have to spend a year abroad.

I-140/485 do give u a chance to file for 7th yr extension but do not reset the clock.

If spouse gets H1-B, then dependant certainly eligible for H4, right? :confused: Do USCIS throw dependants of H1-B with more than 6 yrs of stay? :mad: :mad: