• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How to resend the corrected forms?

pollyannaguy

Registered Users (C)
If anyone need to resend the corrected DS-230 form after finding the minor mistake in previously send form, is it necessary to fill all the fields in newly send form or is it okay to fill just field where the mistake has occured?

The correct form can also be send via email as attachment , right?

If anyone need to resend the corrected DS-230 form after finding the minor mistake in previously send form, is it necessary to fill all the fields in newly send form or is it okay to fill just field where the mistake has occured?

The correct form can also be send via email as attachment , right?

Yes you can just fill them up again but not only the ''incorrect part'' and scan them and email
To kcc. However if its minor mistakes you will be able to correct it the day of your interview.
Your choice...

Yes you can just fill them up again but not only the ''incorrect part'' and scan them and email
To kcc. However if its minor mistakes you will be able to correct it the day of your interview.
Your choice...

Okay thanks..My friend forget to include the middle name of his mother in the field where it say to write mother's family name, name , and middle name . His mother has got middle name in her student certificate that were issued before she got married but the there is no middle name in her citizenship card that was made after she was married..

so what he should do,should he send new form with middle name or not or he can correct that mistake in the day of interview as suggested before?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay thanks..My friend forget to include the middle name of his mother in the field where it say to write mother's family name, name , and middle name at birth. His mother has got middle name in her student certificate that were issued before she got married but the there is no middle name in her citizenship that was made after she was married..

so what he should do,should he send new form with middle name or not or he can correct that mistake in the day of interview as suggested before?

The name is very important I hope you included her middle name in your initial entry! so my advice is to re send everying again, if your interview is still far just send your forms and don't for get to sign them via DHL. Remember the birth certificate is the main document. hopefully it matches with the rest of your wife's documents try to correct it on her passport if its possible .

The name is very important I hope you included her middle name in your initial entry! so my advice is to re send everying again, if your interview is still far just send your forms and don't for get to sign them via DHL. Remember the birth certificate is the main document. hopefully it matches with the rest of your wife's documents try to correct it on her passport if its possible .

you misread the question, the missing middle name is not of wife's, its his mother's, in DS-230 form..

I completely disagree with this!

Forgetting to include his "mother's" middle name is NOT a big deal! Also updated forms do not need to be sent via courier service, absolute waste of money!!

For the OP, your friend does not need to send updated forms for an error such as this. The information can be provided at the time of the interview. In generally though, updated forms can be emailed to KCC, no need to waste money sending by DHL or some other form of courier service.

you misread the question, the missing middle name is not of wife's, its his mother's, in DS-230 form..

Sorry I thought its your wifes middle name which is a benificiary and her has to be clear.
If its his mother middle name it is not a big issue. Like I said on the first post u can just email new
Form. Or correct at the interview
Some1smom sending via dhl was an advice !!!!!!!

Sorry I thought its your wifes middle name which is a benificiary and her has to be clear.
If its his mother middle name it is not a big issue. Like I said on the first post u can just email new
Form. Or correct at the interview

I understand all this but where confusion lies is that his mother has got "middle name" in her student certificate which were issued with her name plus her family name at birth, i.e before she was married but she has not got the "middle name" in her citizenship card that was issued with her name plus family name of her husband..so in this case, should mother " middle name " be included in DS-230 form? which document should be chosen as reference, student certificate or citizenship card

I understand all this but where confusion lies is that his mother has got "middle name" in her student certificate which were issued with her name plus her family name at birth, i.e before she was married but she has not got the "middle name" in her citizenship card that was issued with her name plus family name of her husband..so in this case, should mother " middle name " be included in DS-230 form? which document should be chosen as reference, student certificate or citizenship card

Your friend as to provide a full birth certificate when he goes to the interview right ? simple the name of his mother that shows on the that same certificate is the one that he has to put on the form :)

You and your friend are stressing needlessly over a none-issue IMO. His mother is not a beneficiary of his DV selection, so whatever is on HER B/C or any other document she has is immaterial, it will not be requested at the time of the interview. Your friend can provide the middle name at the time of the interview or simply leave things 'as is'. No big deal!

Telling someone to "make sure" they send updated documents by DHL does not sound like an optional advice to me. It comes across as the only option they have. Choice of words makes a big difference!

Telling someone to "make sure" they send updated documents by DHL does not sound like an optional advice to me. It comes across as the only option they have. Choice of words makes a big difference!

Okay mommy rodger that! Btw happy new year :)