How to request Fingerprint Notice be resent?

hlee

Registered Users (C)
My notice was returned by local post office with the label of my new P.O Box address on it. Will VSC mail it again to my P.O. box when they receive the letter returned?

Thanks

No Title

I doubt it. It will take a very long time for them to respond with another request. Your best bet is to get a copy of the original FP notice (maybe your lawyer has one in his files?) and use the copy to get yourself Fingerprinted at the nearest service center.

Rescheduling the FP appt

Has anyone done this before? any problems with getting this rescheduled?

any probs this may have on the GC process?

Thanks,

No Title

My FP letter issued on Sep\'00 was lost by my incompetent lawyer. I only found out about it when I received an RFE in Mar\'01. Turns out my lawyer had filed a photocopy of the FP letter, and the original was missing.

Of course, I was in a panic. The RFE explicitly said that my FP time has expired and they wanted an explanation. I got myself a new lawyer who told me to sit and wait while he wrote to Vermont and requested another FP notice.

In the meantime, time was ticking away. But no response came back from Vermont. I called the IIO and they said they are unlikely to send another FP letter. So I just took the photocopy of the original, and went to the nearest FP center, explained my problem to them and they were nice enough to let me through. I was almost a year late, was in a different state (since I had moved) and was using a photocopy. But it worked out!!

Thanks Slowly Turning Green. My lawyer just assured me he should get

FP notice too (VSC sent to both lawyer and applicant) and will forward it to me.
Then Shall I still call VSC to explain the first returned FP notice by local postal office or just ignore the incident?