How to report person who got greencard then citizenship with false documents?

peter5555

Well, this person I know Got a fake birth certificate from the dominican republic, and used it to file for a greencard when he married a US Citizen. It has been more than 10 years since he got it, but showed me his US ID, which does not match his real birth certificate. He got his middle name taken out and change his date of birth, because his student visa had expired or something. He played my family bad when we hired him and stole from us, now I want to return the favor.

I was planning on going to his country and getting a notarized letter saying that the name that was used to get his green card does not exist, because it was made modified and will not show up on the system in his country, and then get another notarized letter with the real name and date-birth which has his middle name and real date of birth. I could also try to get a photo id along with that letter. Anyway, what is the ebst way to do this? He already told me what he did to get his citienship, before he stole from us so I have an idea on what to do. What else should I get? and where is the best place to report him?

You are right, its investigated by ICE.
Report it to ICE, but they need solid proof so do all that you said in your post and turn all evidence to ICE.
Just a side note, if he recieved citizenship over two years ago then ICE cannot initiate Intent to Revoke Citizenship administratively, it has to be done through district court, but i highly doubt it if ICE will invest the extra effort if its over two years for the reasons you mentioned, they will only pursue it then if he was a criminal and a threat to the society.

If you kept him on the payroll after he admitted using documents that were phony then YOU committed a crime.

Edited to add: What I mean by this is that it seems to me that you wanted to benefit from his act of fraud as long as it was a good deal for you, but once it turned bad (eg he stole from you), you are trying to point the finger solely at him.

I would focus on reporting the theft to the local police and leave it at that--a local matter for the local police. You are quite right that the local police don't handle immigration fraud, and I think from your point of view that is just as well, because it seems to me that you are complicit in his immigration fraud.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, they will not do anything after two years...... Even if it is clear and with proof that he paid someone to fabricate a birthcertificate in order to get a greencard through marriage?

Wellwe're getting the proper proof before we take him to court for that. It involves under the table deals with customers, which he denies.

So, they will not do anything after two years...... Even if it is clear and with proof that he paid someone to fabricate a birthcertificate in order to get a greencard through marriage?

What was his motivation for doing this, do you think? If you are married to a US citizen, much can be forgiven--including overstaying a student visa--so it is not clear why he'd have a motivation to hide his real identity.

This site for helping people in their Immigration processes, not to get people in trouble. I understand what he did is wrong and authorities will take care of it. Immigration officials also read these threads. Lets not discuss it here.

So it is okay to lie, as long a people get what they want?

This site for helping people in their Immigration processes, not to get people in trouble. I understand what he did is wrong and authorities will take care of it. Immigration officials also read these threads. Lets not discuss it here.

This should be reported to USCIS, a person can do so by writing a detailed letter. It is very possible to take someones US citizenship away, fact is, many Immigration Officers consider this one of their career goals, to take back what was dishonestly given. You don't need to do anything more than that, USCIS might not do anything if "the lie" would not have effected the final outcome.