How to reply to a RFE

gc_321

Registered Users (C)
I have received RFE for my wife's I485 asking for marriage certificate, should I reply to it my self or through lawyer ?
Do I have to write any covering letter or just send the original notice along with a copy of certificate.
Any suggestions appreciated Thanks,

Hello

My experience,

I would send copy of the marraige certificate + original RFE letter.

If you wanna do more work for your self satisfaction, get marraige certificate notarized with any bank officer.

Good Luck. don't waste time in thinking. Everything will be alright.

what document should I send alongwith RFE ?

india1972 and all,
The RFE says submit the marriage certificate for the marriage of "my wife's married name and my name".
But our marriage certificate has her maiden name which is completely different (including her first name , it has her previous first name her dad's name and family name), so what documents you suggest I should send along to prove that she is the same person.
I remember we had mention her maiden name in I-485 application
Thanks,

Simmilar Situation

I have received exactly simmilar RFE for my wife's marriage certificate. My lawyer is on maternity leava and her secrtary tells me that we have to file some affidavit. Can you please, pleast tell me what did you for this RFE?

Thank you.

mathapachchi,
I have been told to gather following docs:
1) Marriage cert
2) Affidavits from wife's parents / relatives
3) copy of invitation card
4) copy of her educational certs with her maiden name highlighted
5) Marriage pictures
etc. etc.

Hope this helps.

gc_321,

Thank you for your reply. My lawyer told me to submit an affidavit by me and my wife stating that my wife's middle and last name has changed after marriage.

Thanks.

Gc321,

Did you represent your wife's caes on your name? or your lawyer?

I am ina similar situation. But Before I chnage my emplyer, I would like to change the lawyer also. But I would like to know, If my wife gets any RFE, will I get acopy of it as you got on your wife's case.

Please reply me. I have been looking for answers doe this.

thanks
Gcard600

gcard600,
I got the rfe on my home address.
you could reply yourself for a simple rfe , you just need to send the original notice along with the requested documents.
Hope this helps