How to renew EAD? in Person or by mail

Mera_Kya_Hoga

Registered Users (C)
My EAD expires on Jan 9th, 2001. Is it better to renew it by mail? How long does it take to renew EAD and what is the process? Also, can it be renewed in person? What is the procedure and how long does it take? I live in central Jersey. Do I need to go to Newark? Could someone share their experience for EAD renewal please.

Details : EB3/India/ND:10/21/99/ RD: 10/27/99/ PD: 3/6/96 : No FP

Thanks

No Title

You need to apply for renewal through VSC. According to Newark rules,
you can go there only 90 days after you sent you application to VSC and
it\'s not processed yet.

No Title

Hi,
You can go to your local INs office and get it done the same day. We got our renewed today, we went early in the morning,within 2 hours we had our new EAD card in hand.

No Title

I can only assume you didn\'t go to Newark. In most other states it\'s a piece of cake - including NYC. However, in Newark if you don\'t get into the line at 2:30 am, your chance of getting seen that day is slim.

So, for NJ residents it\'s recommended that you do it by mail 3 months prior. That\'s plenty of time for a renewal as they tend to process renewals in about 3-4 weeks instead of 90 days for new applicants.

No Title

Thanks everyone for their input. I think my only choice (as a resident of NJ) is to renew it by mail. If someone who has renewed it by mail, can let us know how long it took them to renew, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mera_Kya_Hoga

No Title

Hi,

I called INS Newark at 973-645-4421.
and asked them about EAD renewal she asked me to call EAD department
at 973-645-2437.
I called that.
The person there said Yes you can come to Newark INS room no 136 and get EAD card new or renewal directly.

I am thinking of doing that

No Title

That sounds interesting. Did he mention the kind of time one has to wait outside in the morning since someone said you have to wait outside from 2am in the morning. Would they allow to renew if they I still have 3 more months before it expires. I guess I just want to be safe. What I mean is, if I can renew now personally, fine, else I would like to send it 3 months in advance so that I wouln\'t lose sleep when my EAD is near expiring.

Thanks for giving the info