• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How to rectify a mistake made on the Ds-230 forms

mimib

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

Ok I've won the 2013Dv lottery. I am 22 and I'm married. I sent in all my forms to the KCC and I have received back my 2nl.

Now here's the problem:

My parents also won the dv lottery. And on the ds-230 forms they put me with them as one of their beneficiaries even though I'm married. They thought that they were supposed to put all their children down on the forms.Now they have recieved back their 2nl from KCC and I'm on there as one of their beneficiaries. Is this a problem? Can anyone help I'm really confused.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all:)

Hi everyone,

Ok I've won the 2013Dv lottery. I am 22 and I'm married. I sent in all my forms to the KCC and I have received back my 2nl.

Now here's the problem:

My parents also won the dv lottery. And on the ds-230 forms they put me with them as one of their beneficiaries even though I'm married. They thought that they were supposed to put all their children down on the forms.Now they have recieved back their 2nl from KCC and I'm on there as one of their beneficiaries. Is this a problem? Can anyone help I'm really confused.

that my friend is called a conundrum.
my take is you will have to appear with your parents,at 22 and married,you doubly don't qualify for a visa using your parents entry,but the error is with KCC for including you in the first place...
you parents will take you BUT will not pay for you since you wont be issued a visa....

my humble suggestion

Hi everyone,

Now here's the problem:

First, you are one lucky family. Did they submit a DS-230 on your behalf, or did they just list you as child on their DS-230? If they did not send a DS-230 on your behalf, you are fine. They need to list ALL children in their own DS-230. If they did fill a DS-230 for you and sent it to KCC, contact the US embassy of your interview and ask for advice.

They (and you) are fine anyway. They did not have (and ought not) to put you on the initial entry and on the forms, if you were 21 or over at the moment they sent an initial entry.
However, if they put you by mistake, that is an irrelevant mistake. Even if you submitted your own DS-230, just ignore it. Do not go for the interview. Behave as if you are not in the invitation.
You do not have to tell them beforehands that you are not going to the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
However, if you were under 21 at the moment they submitted their entry, that was not a mistake, they had to put you into their form. You could even be eligible to get a visa under certain circumstances

They need to list ALL children in their own DS-230
A person over 21 (effective age under CSPA) or married is not considered a child in terms of immigration law, so is not included into DS-230.

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Let's see, you are 22 now, so when they entered the DV-2013 in October 2011, chances are you were younger than 21, so they (must have) listed you in their DV entry. But if you were married by then, they shouldn't have listed you.

So if they listed you in their DS-230 now, that's fine as I already said. But if they have sent a separate DS-230 on your behalf, and you were married at the time of DV entry, just ask for advice from the US embassy and/or KCC.

If you were not married at the time of DV entry, you may or may not qualify for a visa under your parents, but your spouse will not. So it is best that you apply by yourself so that your spouse can get a visa too. You might want to sort this out with embassy and KCC instead of pretending everything will be fine. If you do not show up for an interview that you are supposed to, it has consequences. Just contact them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go again :rolleyes:

Let's see, you are 22 now, so when they entered the DV-2013 in October 2011, chances are you were younger than 21, so they (must have) listed you in their DV entry. But if you were married by then, they shouldn't have listed you.

So if they listed you in their DS-230 now, that's fine as I already said. But if they have sent a separate DS-230 on your behalf, and you were married at the time of DV entry, just ask for advice from the US embassy and/or KCC.

If you were not married at the time of DV entry, you may or may not qualify for a visa under your parents, but your spouse will not. So it is best that you apply by yourself so that your spouse can get a visa too. You might want to sort this out with embassy and KCC instead of pretending everything will be fine. If you do not show up for an interview that you are supposed to, it has consequences. Just contact them.

Thank you everyone for your feedback! It's truly appreciated!

Ok so here is the thing when they entered the dv lottery in October I was neither 22 nor married. But in May when they sent in the DS 230 forms I was married and 22. Now the thing is I dont want to go with them to the interview I want to apply by myself so my husband will also get a visa! but in the 2nl for my parents I was listed as one of their beneficiaries! Does that mean that I HAVE to go? I emailed the KCC but they told me to reach out to the embassy and I also tried to reach the embassy but they haven't emailed me back!

Thank you everyone for your feedback! It's truly appreciated!

Ok so here is the thing when they entered the dv lottery in October I was neither 22 nor married. But in May when they sent in the DS 230 forms I was married and 22. Now the thing is I dont want to go with them to the interview I want to apply by myself so my husband will also get a visa! but in the 2nl for my parents I was listed as one of their beneficiaries! Does that mean that I HAVE to go? I emailed the KCC but they told me to reach out to the embassy and I also tried to reach the embassy but they haven't emailed me back!

It seems like you may qualify for a visa under their application if they also sent a DS-230 for you. You can try to call the embassy, some of them have phone lines where you can ask questions after making a credit card payment. Did you receive your own 2nl? My opinion is, if you can't reach the embassy by then, you should go to the interview with your parents, bring your own DV letter and explain to the CO that you want to apply separately.

Because you are married or because married afther their entry, you do not qualify through your parents anyway.