how to read processing time reports

BatmanPPC

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I've noticed that on the processing time reports for some of the service centers there is no date for I-129F K3/K4 whereas there is a date for I-129F K1/K2.

Is there any special reason for this?

There is no difference between I 129 for K1 and K3 visa. Its the same application accept that you replace fiancee with spouse. Therefore there are processed the same way.

I understand that they are processed the same. However, it seems that they have two entries for a reason.

So the fact that the date is blank means that the processing date falls under the same date for K1/K2?

Recall that if you filed a I-129F for your finace(é), you were supposed to send it to the office that has jurisdiction over your area. If you had filed for your spouse, you were supposed to send it to the Chicago office.

Which processing report should I look at if I files for my spouse?

I see what you are saying... I was only looking at VSC since I fall under it. VSC has only one entry so I would interpret as - ditto (same dates for both category).

"*If the processing times column is blank, that means this Service Center does not process this type of application."

Ok, so I finally got a clear answer today. If in the processing report there is no date, the service center does not process that form.

So which service center handles K3 for spouse?

hi phillydude ,
To apply a K3 visa they requires marriage certificate should be from India or USA or it's also illegible for the people who did not married in India Or USA But the spouse is Indian Citizen ? Do you have any idea ? Please let me know about your opinion .

Thanks

Originally posted by rapatel009
hi phillydude ,
To apply a K3 visa they requires marriage certificate should be from India or USA or it's also illegible for the people who did not married in India Or USA But the spouse is Indian Citizen ? Do you have any idea ? Please let me know about your opinion .

Thanks

the marriage certificate needs to be from the country where you got married. If you got married in India, the marriage certificate will be from India. Also if the certificate is not in english, you will need to get it translated and certified.

I know that but the thing is we got married in Canada my spouse is indian citizen so my question is can i still apply for his K3 visa or not ?