How to re-use advance parole

sfbay_area_guy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have an Advance Parole that I used in the past. Now i'm planning a trip within the valid dates of my advance parole...

How do I re-use it? It came with 2 pages and the 2nd one is not stamped yet so I assume i just use the 2nd one...

What if I need to make a 3rd trip? Is there a standard process for this?

Thanks !

Never used the 2nd one so far. But you are right, you can use the unstamped 2nd page. In case if you need to make 3rd trip you can tell the immigration inspector the same then he will gve you back the same page after stamping. You can use it even if it is stamped as long as it is valid. Never did this before though. Lets us see what our gurus have to say. :D

sfbay_area_guy said:
Hi,

I have an Advance Parole that I used in the past. Now i'm planning a trip within the valid dates of my advance parole...

How do I re-use it? It came with 2 pages and the 2nd one is not stamped yet so I assume i just use the 2nd one...

Thanks !

Well, for multiple entry AP, standard procedure is that if you have 2 copies of AP, officer should take one copy back. Officer should stamp on other copy and give it back to you. This stamped copy is good for any future trip (you don't need any 2nd copy). Everytime you re-enter, officer should stamp on the same AP. I don't know why officer did not take your 2nd copy back.

exactly as pralay mentioned. I have used the same AP multiple times. The 1st time the officer kept one copy of the parole doc and stamped the other one. Thereafter they kept restamping the 2nd copy

My wife used her only copy of AP for going home multiple times. The CIS guy at SFO attached a form to her AP, with many boxes for stamps. She used to get a stamp in the empty boxes every time she came back.

I have travelled thrice on AP. Twice in the same year. Everytime they used to stamp one AP and make a copy of it using a copier machine and used to give me back the original. The next time I travelled I used the fresh one (the one that was not stamped). I am not sure but you might want to confirm whether you can use the same AP once it is stamped. When all the AP are stamped, you need to apply for one and if there is an emergency, then you can go to the local INS and prove the emergency and they will give you an interim AP which will be valid for a month or two. Again, I have heard about it and don't have an experience.

I went twice out of the country on AP, the first time I kept one copy at home, they didn't ask for it when I got in, just stamped it. The second time I reused the stamped one. One note though, every time you come in, you have to go through secondary inspection were they may/may not ask you some questions such as SSN, father's name... So if you have a connection to tkae allow a lot of time. I missed my connection in NYC because of this process.

Like others have mentioned. Just reuse the stamped AP. There is no need to use the unstamped one. The decision as to take one AP or not lies with the adjudicating officer. Technically there is NO reason for them to take it. They have all the records on file. Show them your stamped FP and they will stamp it again and give it back to you.

If you read your AP from top to bottom, you will see a little sentence that says that the AP can be used for multiple entries. No sweat on that.

140_takes_4ever said:
Technically there is NO reason for them to take it. They have all the records on file.

I guess technically there WAS a reason for taking 2nd copy back. I think 2nd copy supposed to go back to I485 file to notify adjucator that AOS can be continued (when you go outside USA, you are "halting" yout AOS temporarily and it can be continued when you come back). I think the original idea for making this rule was like that. However, the online access to alien database at POE or bad implementation of law probably makes this procedure (taking back 2nd copy) obsolete or useless.

This forum is so much better than the lawyers...

This forum is efficient and quick (and hopefully reliable ;-) )

I promise i'll contribute to the fund (upon my 485 approval - and I'm craving to make this contribution)

Thanks again.

should I mail copy of stampled AP to INS?

I do not recall the officer made the copy of my AP when I entered in Chicago
half a year ago. When I read your posts, I wonder if it's necessary for me to mail a copy of stampled AP to INS? If so, where should I mail to?
Thanks for enlightening on this issue.

junmei said:
I do not recall the officer made the copy of my AP when I entered in Chicago
half a year ago. When I read your posts, I wonder if it's necessary for me to mail a copy of stampled AP to INS? If so, where should I mail to?
Thanks for enlightening on this issue.

I don't think you need to. Save it with you.

sfbay_area_guy said:
Hi,

Thanks !

Nothing can be easier to use: just show your AP to the officer upon arrival