How to prove sponsor financial capability and intended domicile from overseas

ARobbb

Hi there,

My wife (US citizen petitioner/sponsor) and I (Australian citizen applicant/beneficiary) have an I-130 approved and sitting at NVC and will soon submit DS-260 and affidavit of support to move onto consular processing for spousal visa. We both currently live in Australia but are hoping to move to USA this year or next. We're aware that part of this process will be proving our intended domicile in the US.

1. When filling out the affidavit, how does my wife prove financial capacity to sponsor me when she's not currently making any money in the US? I'm assuming her/our Australian wages won't qualify. Is she supposed to have a job offer in the US first and then we ask for the process to be expedited? Or should we utilise a joint sponsor situation? Or does the sponsorship aspect not come into play for those abroad and proving intended domicile (surely not)?

2. Any advice on how to prove intended domicile, such as job offers, property purchase/rent, transfer of funds, school enrolment, etc. many months out from intended move date? I intend to start the consular processing at least 6 months out from when we'd ideally like to move to allow time for its processing and approval, but this is a long time to ask any potential employer to hold a position for us or pay rent on a property we're not living in. Is it better to have secured employment and then action the application and just hope it comes through quickly? This seems risky in many ways.

Thanks in advance.