How to Proccess I-140?

gvizalio

Registered Users (C)
I am new to this BBS. I want to process I-140 myself without Attorney.

1. How can I receive all communication from VSC at home address?
2. I have copy of LC, Does VSC accept copy of LC for I-140?

El Liu

Thank you for the URL.
I have all the documents listed. I want to get all the correspondense at my home address.

No Title

I would like to help you, however, I am not sure about the point 1. I think if no attorney is involved then the INS would be mailing everything to your employer. There might be some way to do what you want to do but again I am not familiar with it.
I believe that INS will accept a copy of the LC.

Good luck!

No Title

I do not think that the copy of LC needs to be notarized because some people file two I-140s in EB-2 and EB-3 simultaneously just with copies of their labor certification.
Remember, I am not a lawyer and you need to file everything properly not to lose time. You could also try to post your question at www.imminfo.com to Mr. Gotcher on his forum. He is a capable lawyer who answers all kinds of questions.
Good luck!

The I-140 is the company\'s filing

You could act on behalf of the corporation but you would have to do it that way. INS MUST have the ORIGINAL Labor Certification. They will RFE for it if you send a copy (I\'ve seen it happen many times). I-140s and LCs are not easy to do and it is very easy to get a denial if not done correctly. I\'m sure that there are people that can do it themselves if the company cooperates but it is certainly not easy and there are lots of potential problems. An attorney will charge big bucks if the case gets in trouble and then the attorney needs to step in.

Jim

Jim M. Thank you for reply

Now I am confused. Even in this discussion board so many people have applied for EB2 and EB3 with the same LC. Does INS accept original for one and copy for another?
Regarding Attorney the question is not only big bucks. They take their own sweet time, don\'t even give copies for employees record. So many times they don\'t even file it properly. Sometimes forget to include education evaluation/ exp letters/ company financial returns/ W2 Form etc. For L.C. though my reputed attorney had education evaluation, he did not submit, and SESA issued RFE. Even knowing of their mistake they don\'t have a sorry face. They blame SESA/ DOL/ INS/ NVC. If company delays the payment, they stop processesing the case without informing. To file LC they take 2-3 months. First Advertisement, second Job Notice posting, and again one or the other reason. To reply for RFE they take 1-2 months. I don\'t mean to say all Attorneys are like that. If they are reputed they don\'t have time to discuss the case. If they are new, they don\'t have enogh knowledge to tackle the case properly.
This BBS is very good source of info and People like you are ready to help. Considering all these, I decided to file my case on my own. Please let me know what sort of complications do you foresee?