How to postpone FP?

SweatyPalm

Registered Users (C)
I started a thread a while back about marrying my girlfriend in Taiwan. I still haven't figured out how to postpone the 2nd FP appointment. There is no phone number on the Notice of Action. I would like to consult those who have done it. Did you call the local USCIS office or you just send the Notice of Action back to the USCIS office? Can you choose a particular date (say 1-2 months later)?

I know most of you don't recommend messing with appointments but I really have to do it.

Please help.

SweatyPalm said:
I started a thread a while back about marrying my girlfriend in Taiwan. I still haven't figured out how to postpone the 2nd FP appointment. There is no phone number on the Notice of Action. I would like to consult those who have done it. Did you call the local USCIS office or you just send the Notice of Action back to the USCIS office? Can you choose a particular date (say 1-2 months later)?

I know most of you don't recommend messing with appointments but I really have to do it.

Please help.
You send back the original FP form.
Instructions are right on the FP notice ...

I don't think you can pick a day ... its only something like next available Wednesday/Saturday

There is no way even to tell them that you want it scheduled only after 'n' months ....
Probably no one cares too much as the % of folks postponing FP is very very low.

Good luck

Thanks. I will send the Notice back to the local USCIS 2 days before my appointment date. I will then call the office....try to ask for a 1 month delay. I hope this will work. A one month delay will be perfect.

SweatyPalm said:
Thanks. I will send the Notice back to the local USCIS 2 days before my appointment date. I will then call the office....try to ask for a 1 month delay. I hope this will work. A one month delay will be perfect.
Needless to say, make enough photocopies before you send the orginal notice.

Make photocopies of the notice before and after you've filled in the section to request a delay.

You never know when it might come in handy ... Also what does your attorney feel about this whole postponement issue ?

SweatyPalm said:

One easy way is to drive to the local service center and ask for a specific date. This should work.

max2k1 said:
Needless to say, make enough photocopies before you send the orginal notice.

Make photocopies of the notice before and after you've filled in the section to request a delay.

You never know when it might come in handy ... Also what does your attorney feel about this whole postponement issue ?

My attorney said they have not done any postponement for their clients b4. They just asked me to follow the instructions on the notice.

gudada said:
One easy way is to drive to the local service center and ask for a specific date. This should work.

Drive to the office? I'm afraid they'r going to ask me to do the FP right away. What can i say about that?

can you not cut your index finger and show them that you have injury and hence need to postpone by a month or two. I am just thinking loud, since I have seen some posting quite awhile ago that someone had a cut blah blah.....

you could ask them about it saying you cut your finger while cooking etc.