How to pay taxes to IRS when you stay in your native country?

handxx

Registered Users (C)
I have a good question. After you get your citizenship, if you get a job offer in your native country, am i suppose to let IRS know about that or pay any taxes ? If i suppose to pay, how i am going to convert my currency to $ dollars or how am i going to take care of this issue ?

Second question : After i move to overseas, do i have to come back to the USA to get my w2 forms from my old employee ? If my employer sends the forms by e-mail, can i file my taxes ? Can IRS deposit my tax money into my checking account in a different foreign country that i work ?

Thanks

I'm not an expert on tax laws but thinking back to when I used do my bussines taxes that if you are a us citizen & live in another country you file a form that you can dl from the irs web site & since you don't live in the states the only thing that you would have to pay is social security. I recommend that you ask the irs by calling or emailing & you can google pretty much anything on irs laws. As for refunds & payment, the irs only deals with local us banks. Good luck.

Most countries have tax treaty with US that prevents double taxation, the max amount under treaty is different for each country, but it is in hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Under that treaty if the taxes in your local country are higher than the US Federal Tax, you may not be required to pay Federal Income Tax. Just have to file, and claim foreign tax credit. State Income Tax I'm not sure. Consult a CPA who has experience in foreign taxes.

My employer does not mail W2 anymore, we get them by e-mail. Electronic copies are fine to file your taxes.

As long as that foreign bank has US Routing number, yes you can. Else you can receive a check and cash it in your foreign bank.

It's $85,000. If you make less then that, you are not required to pay taxes, however, you are still required to file your taxes each year.

US taxes worldwide income of both its citizens and permanent residents (i.e., you need to file Form 1040/A and pay, if applicable, US taxes on your foreign income). As mentioned, if you're in a high tax jurisdiction (i.e., higher tax rates than the US), the applicable tax treaty between that country and the US should give you enough credits so you don't have to pay additional US taxes. If you're in a low tax jurisdiction, you will have to pay additional US tax. Above a certain income level, you may have to pay AMT (alternative minimum tax) to the IRS irrespective of how much foreign tax you've already paid. Tax treaties are complicated. Consult an international tax firm (e.g., PWC, Deloitte, etc.).