How to open service request?

jvrao88

Registered Users (C)
Can some one let me know how to open service request.
i called uscis in the follwoing order:
Call 1-800-375-5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1
Now enter your receipt number
press 1 (now listen to the case update info..blah blah)
press 3
press 4

i talked IO and asked her to open service request. she said i have to call the main number.

does any one know the options to create service request?

Thanks

You have the sequence right, raised 2 service requests using it. Try again till you get an operator who knows what it means.

Timing is important

I had all these problems. But then I finally succeeded in my efforts.

Based on my experience with these calling sequences, here is what my take on it:

- Call between 8am-9am EST and 5pm-6pm EST. This will surely take you to the Customer Support Representative and will eventually help you to open a Service Request.

- Call between 9.15am-10am EST and 2pm-3pm EST. This will put you through the NSC Office and someone (it might be either IO or some agent, but certainly not a Customer Support Representative), and will eventually help you with answers like "....case is in staging area, decision will be taken in 90-120 days.....blah...blah....blah". Or sometimes they say that "this number is for cases that are being approved or denied only.....". If you hear all these type of different answers everytime, then it means you are really talking to some pissed off IO all the time :). This is what happened with me.

My GC is approved this morning!!! After all, I don't have to go thru this again in my life, I hope.

Good luck to you all. Don't loose your heart, as it's just matter of days/weeks for you to feel the same as what I feel now.

Last edited by a moderator:
confusing: when to press 1, 2, 6, and 4?
After doing, 1..2..2..6..1..your case number..1..wait for the
automated status message?
Please advise.
EDIT: Correct option is just 1, 2, 6 (no "4" in the end)
Opt 1, 2,6 will get you a regular CSR who can open a service request

the other lengthy set of options connects you to an IO, who are generally overworked and are instructed to not give any info on your case.

Service Request is your best bet to get accurate info.

Last edited by a moderator: