How to make expedite AP application?

fairplayer

Registered Users (C)
I already submitted my AP application for almost two months with no any further information from VSC. However, I want to apply AP with expedite process in order to schedule and attend my father's big surgery in April or May. Can anybody share similar experience in VSC with me?

Thanks a lot!

I was thinking about that before. After many investigations, i gave up. You must have extrordinary reasons in order to get that. Like decease of a close family member (you would have to show some certificate.) If you give them like expiration of a flight ticket, urgent to get married etc, they probably would just throw you out.

You could try make INFO PASS appointment to tell your case to them face to face, with some luck you may get it though it is very rare.

fairplayer said:
I already submitted my AP application for almost two months with no any further information from VSC. However, I want to apply AP with expedite process in order to schedule and attend my father's big surgery in April or May. Can anybody share similar experience in VSC with me?

Thanks a lot!

One more thing, it has been almost 2 months. you should get your AP any day now. Don't worry. AP takes no more than 90 days to get

inPhilly,

Thanks for your input. I will try INFO PASS. I just checked my status. The LUD was changed to 03/06/2006. Last LUD was 02/16/2006. Hopefully, they are picking up my case.

Experience with Emergency AP

If you need an emergency AP, you need a letter/fax from the Hospital where your father is scheduled for emergency. The emergency letter should mention the diagnosis, the surgery details and need for your presence. Ideally, it would be helpful to know the tentative date of surgery and then go about 2/3 weeks prior to intended travel date. If you go much in advance, they will say you still have lot of time and your AP under regular process might get approved by then. I know we need to book the air tickets in advance but this is the way it is. Also, its better to take an Infopass appt but Emergency AP is the only case where USCIS entertain a visit without the Infopass appt. Carry all your docs including the original receipt and copy of docs. submitted during the regular AP process (usually lawyer will have these papers).

Hope this helps and your father gets well soon !

Cheers