How to link an approved 140 to a recent 485

xzhu2

Registered Users (C)
My previous I-140, in the category of National Interest Waiver was approved yesterday by Vermont center. This I-140 was submitted by myself two and half years ago to Nebraska Center (RD: 12/30/2002) and was transferred to Vermont Center one year ago. As you know, the next step for this is to submit I-485s for adjusting my status. I am wondering if it is possible to link this approval to the recent I-485s I submitted with the Outstanding Research Case I prepared three months ago (concurrent filing, I really lost patient to the first one so I sumbitted another petition) so I do not have to submit separate I-485s I-765s and I-131s once more? If it is possible to do link them, what should I do?

xzhu2 said:
My previous I-140, in the category of National Interest Waiver was approved yesterday by Vermont center.
This I-140 was submitted by myself two and half years ago to Nebraska Center (RD: 12/30/2002) and was transferred to Vermont Center one year ago.
As you know, the next step for this is to submit I-485s for adjusting my status. I am wondering if it is possible to link this approval to the recent I-485s I submitted with the Outstanding Research Case
--- YES, send the copy of I-140 approval and I-485 filing reciept and request the service center to approve your I-1485 based on the I-140 that is approved send the letter to service center where your I-485 is pending with certifed return reciept. for more info find the Pearson MEMO attached

I prepared three months ago (concurrent filing, I really lost patient to the first one so I sumbitted another petition) so I do not have to submit separate I-485s I-765s and I-131s once more? If it is possible to do link them, what should I do?

Thank you very much for your information, one more question,

Thank you very much for your information. One more question, How can I know that they have linked them, will they send me a notice or something? My laywer said, by law it is OK, but he cannot guranntee that it will work acturally. I am just afraid of that I have submitted the request, however they do not do that and I wait for a long time but know nothing about the status.

xzhu2 said:
Thank you very much for your information. One more question, How can I know that they have linked them, will they send me a notice or something?
--- I dont think they will send any notice
My laywer said, by law it is OK, but he cannot guranntee that it will work acturally.
----- why it wont work??? they have MEMO issued from INS H.Q and that Memo is valid, talk to other good lawyer, I think your lawyer has not done INTERFILING with pending I-485 and it does not mean that it cant be done

I am just afraid of that I have submitted the request, however they do not do that and I wait for a long time but know nothing about the status.

Mine is kind of a similar case. My I-140 filed in NSC took long time. So the attorney filed another (using a copy of labor) along with I-485, EAD etc in TSC. TSC sent an RFE requesting the attorney to send the original labor. The attorney instead sent a copy of the approved I-140. So far haven't heard anything about the status.

EB3
I-140 NSC : Approved on 5/2004
I-140, I-485 TSC : RD/ND May 2003
RFE issued : Oct 2004
RFE received by TSC : 12/30/04