How to get PCC from Indian Consulate (Chicago)?

saheb

Registered Users (C)
The Chicago consulate mentioned that they may take 45 days to get the PCC. Is anybody doing it at Chicago?

Send it to Washington DC ..may get it within a month

send $22 telex charges + $11 Pcc Fees + $5 for postages..?

I got it within a month..?

SAHEB CALL ME!

call me saheb! i have a idea!

PHONE..517 402 3505.

BYE th what is ur interview and which consulate???

DIL

Mailed PCC documents to Chicago

I have mailed my paper work to chicago. The lady was not sure how long it takes. She said it may take 45 days to 3months. What do we do for people going for JAN interview.

Take the receipt to show as an evidence that you tried.

That\'s all you can do for Jan. Interview. I don\'t think consulate people are so stupid to ask for PCC within no time. I am still not convinced that we need PCC for Jan. Interview @ Chennai. I will try my best. Chicago gave me the same timings 45-90 days although My new Passport was issued by Chicago.
Could you please let me now your enclosures to Chicago ?. Thanks.

Same here Superman

I just tried at Chicago embassy today (with a blind assumption that it will get done immediately !) and they said 40 days and my interview is on 23rd Jan...I am taking that receipt (such a small slip!) and will try again at the Passport office in Chennai. Am leaving by AI on 14th.

Same here Superman

I just tried at Chicago embassy today (with a blind assumption that it will get done immediately !) and they said 40 days and my interview is on 23rd Jan...My encls were just the app form and copy of 1st pages of passport. I am taking that receipt (such a small slip!) and will try again at the Passport office in Chennai. Am leaving by AI on 14th.

cdevaro...try to call the passport office that handles your police check

The local passport office which does the police verification is the bottleneck, get that number from the Chicago consulate and call them to expedite your case. Better still have a friend talk to somebody at the passport office and expedite your police review. I think you still have time to get it done before 1/14.

Raj-H - contact # for Chicago Consulate ?

I tried calling various numbers but could not get through to anyone. I am expecting a Feb interview. I wanted to know the enclosures, since I am not comfortable with sending the passport. Could you please send me the details/phone number where I can get the details ?
Thanks.

Must original passport be sent for PCC to Indian embassy?

I called the DC embassy (202-939-9806) this afternoon. They said they require our original passports. It will take about 30 days for getting PCC. Some people in this newsgroup are saying they will show the receipt that they have applied for police clearance. How can they have their passport when they have applied for PCC? Am I missing something. Thanks.

Prabal

I sent my papers yesterday to Chicago

I talked to a lady at Chicago office, she said we can send photocopies of the passport for getting PCC. Once they get PCC they will inform us, upon which we can send our PP for a stamp.

She said the process might take somewhere from 30 to 45 days ( probably a standard reply).
And also said, to expedite the process one can contact the local (indian) PP office.