How to get passport fast

bobby350z

Registered Users (C)
Went to passport office on friday to apply for the US passport. Since I need to tavel within 14 days, the lady said, it will atke 2 1/2 weeks even if I expedite it. She told me to go to Passport Agency in San Francisco and I will get the passport in a day. You need travel tickets for that.

So I book my tickets and today when I am trying to make an appointment at the SF Passport Agency office, there are no appointements available till my travel date of 11/11/05. And the automated system has no option to talk to any operator.

What do you guys suggest?

bobby350z said:
Went to passport office on friday to apply for the US passport. Since I need to tavel within 14 days, the lady said, it will atke 2 1/2 weeks even if I expedite it. She told me to go to Passport Agency in San Francisco and I will get the passport in a day. You need travel tickets for that.

So I book my tickets and today when I am trying to make an appointment at the SF Passport Agency office, there are no appointements available till my travel date of 11/11/05. And the automated system has no option to talk to any operator.

What do you guys suggest?

try to call the 800# national passport centre to see what they can help.

You can go to any Regional Passport Agency in the country, but you need to call an make an appointment with them first.

sg_orl said:
You can go to any Regional Passport Agency in the country, but you need to call an make an appointment with them first.

the issue with the OP was he called to make the appointment but no appointment was available within next 2 weeks, before his departure.

bobby350z said:

Well it seems there is a back door to regional passport agency if you willing to pay. I used the services of a travel agent that my company uses and for additional $100, they will get my passport with in a week through SF Passport Agency. Not that bad as changing tickets will cost me a lot more.

bobby350z said:
Well it seems there is a back door to regional passport agency if you willing to pay. I used the services of a travel agent that my company uses and for additional $100, they will get my passport with in a week through SF Passport Agency. Not that bad as changing tickets will cost me a lot more.

that is great. i think those travel agenices might have appointment to SF passport agency everyday :p

New US passport or old passport?

I guess people here may have experience after getting the new passport? Please help...

It is said that after you get citizenship, you are supposed to use US passport to get in and out US. But I have a VISA on my old passport for another foreign country. Shall I use my old passport when going to the foreign country and US passport when I come back? Rumors said there is a trouble because immigration is looking for the stamp where you traveled from.

Thanks...

Once you become US citizen you can't use your old passport. You will need to get a new visa on your US passport. With US passport, you might not even need the visa for some countries.

Got US passport in a week

We got US passport for my daughter in a week.

birth cert. + 2 photos + application forms
Applied at post office/OHIO 26thOct2005@9:41am
Accepted 27thOct2005@11:43am at LA passport agency
($60 express fees+ two ways overnight shipping)

checked status online at 31stOct2005 @7AM - your passport is ready, will reach you by 2ndNov 2005

Got Passport 2ndNov2005 @ 10am

Total time taken : 1 week

sunf496 said:
I guess people here may have experience after getting the new passport? Please help...

It is said that after you get citizenship, you are supposed to use US passport to get in and out US. But I have a VISA on my old passport for another foreign country. Shall I use my old passport when going to the foreign country and US passport when I come back? Rumors said there is a trouble because immigration is looking for the stamp where you traveled from.

Thanks...

It is the LAW - as a U.S. Citizen, you are required to enter and leave USA with a U.S passport. When you mean old passport, I am assuming it is not an expired US passport?

When you apply for passport in the passport agency, do you get it within one day or the same day. Please can some one clarify.