How to get OCI 9 digit applicatin ID ? have only File# (USACxxxxxxxx) and Reg# USACIyyyyyyy

ennemm

How to get OCI 9 digit applicatin ID ? I have only File# (USACxxxxxxxx) and Registration Number (USACIyyyyyyy) where xxxxxxx is 8 digit number and yyyyyyy is 7 digit number for the OCI app I made in Sept 2010 at Chicago Consulate in person. To know status at Travisa it needs applicatino ID but I never had that! How / where to get application ID ? The other two ID I mentioned above, alongwith passport do provide PRINTED status at OCI Tracker:

Photo/Signature Scanned On 10-NOV-2010
Registration Status Granted On 24-NOV-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 01-DEC-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 06-DEC-2010
Documents Received at CHICAGO On 09-DEC-2010

Since we did not pickup OCI after a few months, but had paid for postal charges upon application, we recently sent passports over to Consulate but no response from them nor a way to reach them, and Travisa has no idea of the status since it was applied for in Sept 2010 whe Conulate was handling this !

Talked to Travisa but they can do nothing (including passport OCI match up service) and know nothing for our case until we get the passports back from Chicago consulate that we are not able to contcat them for !

Any ideas ?

Since you have applied directly thru the consulate, you will not have the applicatin ID. You will have to deal directly with the consulate only. Travisa will not be able to help you. The consulate should have sent your passports back to you with OCI. Keep contacting the consulate and see if they have your passports or not. There were some cases where the consulate lost the passports.

How to get OCI 9 digit applicatin ID ? I have only File# (USACxxxxxxxx) and Registration Number (USACIyyyyyyy) where xxxxxxx is 8 digit number and yyyyyyy is 7 digit number for the OCI app I made in Sept 2010 at Chicago Consulate in person. To know status at Travisa it needs applicatino ID but I never had that! How / where to get application ID ? The other two ID I mentioned above, alongwith passport do provide PRINTED status at OCI Tracker:

Photo/Signature Scanned On 10-NOV-2010
Registration Status Granted On 24-NOV-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 01-DEC-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 06-DEC-2010
Documents Received at CHICAGO On 09-DEC-2010

Since we did not pickup OCI after a few months, but had paid for postal charges upon application, we recently sent passports over to Consulate but no response from them nor a way to reach them, and Travisa has no idea of the status since it was applied for in Sept 2010 whe Conulate was handling this !

Talked to Travisa but they can do nothing (including passport OCI match up service) and know nothing for our case until we get the passports back from Chicago consulate that we are not able to contcat them for !

Any ideas ?

You should try to find your name in https://passport.gov.in/oci/ociready.pdf list.
I believe if OCI is not picked up at the consulate, then it's sent back to India.
Did you have a tracking number on the paperwork that you sent to the Consulate so once they mail back to you; you could see when it was mailed or not?
Try sending emails to the consulate. hopefully they can help you.

Hello,

I have the same issue as ennemm. I applied through Travisa (NY office) for my wife's OCI application. THe application reached Travisa NY office on 06/06/2011 and still as of today the online OCI inquiry page shos "File not acknowledged by the mission office". I tried checking status on Travisa website but it is asking for application id. What is this 9 digit application id?