how to get I-797 form from attorney?

ty

Registered Users (C)
A very lousy attorney took care of my H-B visa application one year ago. I am planning to change my husband\'s visa from F-1 to H-4 now. I need some copies of my H-1B files, e.g. I-797, I-129 and LCA, which are in my attorney\'s hand. I tried to contact her and failed to find her. How can I do? If I can not find these files, how can I change my husband\'s visa? Please help! Very urgent. Thanks.

Do you have any receipt numbers?

You can hire another lawyer to get a duplicate copy of H1 from INS if you know the receipt number.
If it is a lawyer problem, contact the local bar association or search internet for AILA (Immigration lawyer assn).

Jaxen, thanks. another question

Yes. I have receipt number and I also have the approved I-129 form. can I get the duplicate copy of H-1B from INS? How long does it need? ty

No Title

I hope You do not have approved I-129, If it is of green Color it is Approved I-797 because I-129 form is filed to INS for H1 Extention, Transfer, new H1b approval and Lawyer or HR or Your Employer should have the copy of it, it is a form which states about company, date of filing, your name, visa status, I hope your company HRshould have the copy when they filed it because Employer has to Sign it so employer always keeps the copy. INS NEVER RETURNS I- 129, it is filing form, what INS sends is Approved I-797

If you are changing for H4 I think your H1B Copy of approved I-797,copy of your I-94, your merriage certificate, your 2-3 latest pay stubs, your passport pages and the passport pages of the person who needs H4 are enough documents. you have to fill up form I-1539 for COS., and pay the fees $140.