How to get early fingerprint?

Stuka

Registered Users (C)
I have appointment for 2nd fingerprint but will be out of town that day. Lawyer told me to go earlier.

What is the procedure if I am going before my appointment date? Will they allow?

Also is the fingerprinting office open on Saturdays?

Hi Stuka,

I have received FP2 (scheduled in 1st week of November).

Went and did my FP2 last saturday

I went around noon to the new office in San Jose.

The office was pretty empty.

The whole process of filling the application to completing the feedback form took less than 20 minutes.

This may vary for one Local INS office to another. Some offices which are busy may not oblige your request.

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Pingpong.

My first FP was in Boston. They used scanning technology as well.

Approx what time did you go? Does the office only open in the afternoon. Also did they give u trouble about coming before your due date?

Stuka,

I went around noon. I beleive the office is open untill 2:00 PM.

No questions asked why I was early than sceduled date.

I have got my Finger prints done earlier than the scheduled date. I did go early in the morning and requested for them to take my FP, initially they said no, but I gave them a valid reason .
The good time to go is when there in not lot of rush. I got my FP done in Florida. I think it depends on the way you present your case to them.

bdkhyd

Stuka,

Well I think it depends a whole lot on the office where one goes to give FP.

You should check with people who have given FP at the same office where you would be going.

I went to Alexandria office for early FP on Saturday but they told me to come back on scheduled date. You may try on week day.
Finally, I went on scheduled date and my 485 approved last week.

Manish

Did you give a reason for wanting to do it early? If I take my air ticket with me do you think it will help?

There is no way I can do it on the regular day because I am going for a conference and I don't want to email BCIS for a new appointment. God knows when they will send the next one.

Also, what time did you go?