How to get copies -FOIA!?

Firsttime

Registered Users (C)
Hello!,

I would like to get copies of my labor & I-140 from BCIS... as I my lawyer'z not coperating (changed the Company..Coy lawyer) and asking 3k (saying my ex-Coy didn't pay him full for my GC process) and not giving responding to new lawyer too (new lawyer saying to pay).

If I get papers I can file AC21 with help of new lawyer? I'm afraid.. if I get RFE it would go to prev lawyer...and end up with paying to answer that RFE.

So, What'z procedure to get copies (FOIA)? Any probelms?? Can I do it my self? How long will it take? Any fee? where to send? any letter to write them, if so please suggest draft?

filed my 485 in April'02.

Really appreciate your feedback!

File form G-639 requesting copy of I-140 approval and the underlying labor condition petition. Check USCIS website for form for further details.

There is no problem with this FOIA procedure and you should get the requested info with in 60 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firsttime,

I may have to do the same thing for my I140 approval notice. Can you please post your experience.

Thanks,
Dinnu

Dinnu,

I've sent G639 to BCIS....on monday...'ll see how many days 'll it take to get papers.

Thank you guyz for your feedback.

Any Feedback?

Hi All,

Have any of you got a receipt notice from your DOL?

I'd like to know how long it will take to get any response from them. Thanks for your input!

Edison,

I was told that filing G-639 cannot get you the complete copy of I-140. One can only get what is related to him/her info, but the part that regarding his/her company info will not be included? Is that true?

Thank you very much!

Legal fee costs

My lawyer is the same - will not provide me with copies of anything.

In a related question (hopefully), does anyone know how much legal fees are incurred over the gc process? My co. has rule about paying them back if I leave within a certain amount of time. I'm curious to know how much $$$ that might be. Does anyone know?

Thanks! :)

I've sent sometime in Oct...and got a receipt dated 11th.
don't know how long 'll take to hear from them again!!!!!????

Re: Legal fee costs

Originally posted by Scotgirl
My lawyer is the same - will not provide me with copies of anything.

In a related question (hopefully), does anyone know how much legal fees are incurred over the gc process? My co. has rule about paying them back if I leave within a certain amount of time. I'm curious to know how much $$$ that might be. Does anyone know?

Thanks! :)

Just the legal fees excluding fees for I140, ead, ap etc would be in the vicinity of $2000 - $ 3000. More bucks are charged by reputed attorneys.

Thanks! I had heard up to $13,000. $2,000 or $3,000 would be much better! :)

Co uses very good NY lawyer so I'm sure their rates are high.

Grateful for anyone else's experiences.

I just looked at the promissory note that I had to sign - it does not mention a specific amount that I would have to reimburse, just that I would have to reimburse whatever my co spent.

Unfortunately, we use a big name law firm, so I'm sure the costs would be substantial, especially based on the fact that I can see some of their opinions provided seem to be in line with adding to their fees, as opposed to getting through with the process faster.

I know that they were going to hit up my co for 2K or so for an H1 extension. Based on that, I'm sure my co. is probably spending about 10K or so...

Also, I have not been provided with copies of the 750A(labor) or the 140, or for that matter, the receipt # for the 140.

I know this doesn't really help scotgirl.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, thanks, that does help! I'm imagining it's going to be about $12,000. Hopefully no more. I'm also hoping I can maybe negotiate since they told me no to consular processing because INS processing times were less than a year - yeah, right! :)

We'll see anyway. Thanks for posting your experience.

attorney fee

Our company lawyer takes $5000 to $ 6000.
That includes Labor, I-140,I-485 and any RFE letter.
EAD/AP , you need to pay the fees but attorney may send the application.
Thanks