How to get case status

rsreeni70

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am waiting for the decision on my citizenship application. Afte I passed the test in the interview, there was questions about my speeding tickets and was given a RFE to supply the ticket information(October 5th). I was to reply to te RFE by Decembe 31st. I gathered all available documents and personally went to the local Office in St.Louis and submitted the documents on Dec 8th. The receiving officer stamped my documents as received and told me that it would be given to the officer who had interviewed me. I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

I tried calling the helpline and supplied the Lin numbe on my receipt notice an it keeps sayng no information. Who can I call get an update on the application?

Thanks,

Sreeni

Hi,

I am waiting for the decision on my citizenship application. Afte I passed the test in the interview, there was questions about my speeding tickets and was given a RFE to supply the ticket information(October 5th). I was to reply to te RFE by Decembe 31st. I gathered all available documents and personally went to the local Office in St.Louis and submitted the documents on Dec 8th. The receiving officer stamped my documents as received and told me that it would be given to the officer who had interviewed me. I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

I tried calling the helpline and supplied the Lin numbe on my receipt notice an it keeps sayng no information. Who can I call get an update on the application?

Thanks,

Sreeni
2-3 months is what it takes for an officer to take a look at your file. You sent you stuff on Dec 8th. So wait until the first week of March and then schedule an InfoPass.

When I finished our interview, I got a letter saying congrats you passed and it also has a section for the ' can't make a decision yet' cases which says in the future send all communication to "officer Lastname" . Perhaps you should write to your officer asking for an update.

Hi,

Thanks,

Sreeni

I interviewed in NY on Jan 8 and got a N-14 (RFE ?) for a traffic ticket just like you (in my case, I had plead not guilty and was waiting for a court date). Since I couldn't get a court date before the N-14 time limit, I just plead guilty, paid the ticket and submitted the certificate of disposition to the USCIS office (just like you, I went personally to the office to submit) on Jan 15th. Got my oath date for March 7th.

Hi Sreeni!

Have You heard anything back regarding your oath ceremony? I am in the same boat. Had my interview in December but no oath information yet :mad:

Wow

I amazed that both of you got RFE's for traffic violations! I thought you didn't even have to report incidents that resulted in < $500 tickets. Am I missing something here? I think 90% of people answer NO when asked about traffic violations because the N-400 clearly mentions that they shouldn't be reported....

Haven't heard anyting yet. I got an infoPass for tomorrow.. I hope they will have an update for me tomorrow.

-Sreeni