How to ge real status of N-400 application

willkoll

I am trying to I am trying to find out the status of a Naturalization Application for a Connecticut resident, which was filed May 2004

Tests and interview were successfully completed and applicant was told to wait for further notice was completed.

After much delay, I wrote Vermont and was told file is in Hartford District office.

Applicant went to Hartford with an E- pass and was told File was in Vermont.

Current status report says decision pending in Vermont, but Vermont processing dates say decion should have been reached long ago.

I have written Vermont and Hartford again.

Question. How do contact a person in Vermont who will be responsive?

How do I get status. Thank you.

Choices ...

1) Contact US senator's office
2) Write to Ombudsman
3) Since the applicant was interviewed file a lawsuit under 1447(b)

Which box was checked on the N-652 that was given to the applicant following the interview? Perhaps this applicant is stuck in name check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spend some time on reading the forum.

You are dealing with bureoucracy and the case is at Service Center. If I were you I would sue the USCIS ASAP. You need to read "suing USCIS" thread.

Don't assume that government is working ,
Don't assume that USCIS is fair,
Don't assume that since you haven't had any problem with law, FBI is going to clear your background quick,
Don't assume that all the figures, numbers, statistics that USCIS are publishing are correct,
Don't assume that immigration officers are working on your case,

Anyway, to make the long story short, your case has fallen between the cracks and nobody is going to do anything until you sue them.

Consider getting a lawyer.

Good luck,

But, as a first step, go the congressman/senator route - it's free and easy, and has the biggest potential pay-off to hassle to cost ratio.