how to fly with two passports?

alexeyTT

Registered Users (C)

my situation:
i have two passports
US passport and X passport

USA is great country, no problem at the airport- leaving or entering with US passport, i love USA.

but my X country has big issues with 2passports,

remember problems:
people coming/flying to from USA must have visas,
except few other countries.

how can i be entering my X country without showing them my US passport,

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many countries which do not allow dual citizenship and there are many countries whose citizens require a US visa to travel to the US. The procedure to check if you have a valid visa to enter your destination country is a routine practiced by all airlines when you check-in.

The laws and rules are what they are.

If my ex-country would not have allowed dual citizenship, I would have given up my ex-country citizenship and be a US citizen only.

You need to make a decision here.

You mention that your country does not allow dual passports. I assume what you meant is that your country of origin does not permit dual citizenship. That is a big problem for you. Essentially you are taking a risk every time you visit your country of origin - they might discover your situation and revoke your citizenship. So i encourage you to either renounce the citizenship now, or decide to very rarely visit your country of origin.

In the event that you visit your country of origin, here is what you might do to avoid raising suspicion:
For purposes of this example, let's assume that your country of origin is China. Then you would fly from the US to a third country ( let's use France for this example) and enter France with your China passport & a French Visa in your China passport. Then you fly out of France to Shanghai using only your China passport. Arrive in China with your China passport. Visit family. Then fly to France with your China passport and French Visa. Exit France immigration with your China passport and fly to USA. Enter USA with your US passport. Everything is fine. If you can find a third country that does not require a visa for your country of origin passport, then the process is little easier. I would like to point out that if for any reason you are searched while in your country of origin and your US passport is discovered, you will be in big trouble. Keep that in mind when you go through immigration controls. Also if you encounter a smart officer at immigration controls, they might realize that you have been out of your country of origin much longer than your third party visa entry/exit stamps date.

my situation:
i have two passports
US passport and X passport

how can i be entering my X country without showing them my US passport
If you tell us your other citizenship, we can help you with practical suggestions. For now, I will assume that your country of origin is Ukraine. It might be other ex-USSR countries, and the procedure would be the same.

You will buy a ticket to Ukraine via Russia. When you check-in at a US airport, show the clerk your both US and Ukrainian passport. There is no outbound immigration control in the USA. When you arrive to Russia, use your Ukrainian passport to go through immigration control and enter Russia. Then, depart Russia with your Ukrainian passport and upon arrival to Ukraine, use your Ukrainian passport for immigration. On the way back, do the same but with reverse order. You might be asked where your original departure stamp is, and it might still create a problem for you, but there are good chances you will not be asked this. Of course, remember not to show your full tickets where the final destination is the USA - just a boarding pass to Russia.

how to fly with two passports? to be continued...

the X country i mentioned above is in ex S Union, you re absolutely right.

Flying procedure from X country
-every time someone leaves X country they get stamped on the back of passport "leaving date and gate info stamped" at passport control
-border control always ask for visas or green cards, always
-border control is so strict, they also do ask for return ticket if you re leaving on visa (excluding green cards)

-every time someone comes back to X Country, they get an entry stamp at passport control
-rarely but sometimes they do question you of your visits/trips purposes
-they do check foreign visas/green cards even on entering this X country just to make sure you had a legal visit outside, damn strict

advantages:
X country does not require a visa to fly to any ex S Union country including UAE, Turkey.

disadvantages:
its almost impossible to get a visa to any European countries including other English speaking countries like Canada, USA, Australia, N Zealand as of bad economic situation in the X country, most well developed countries do not issue visas simply.

so stuck...

Is there any legal work going on in Country X to make dual citizenship legal? I imagine there must be many people in your position and regulations may change in the near future.

how to fly with two passports? to be continued...

im sure there must be lots of people in the same position,
for some reason most people keep it in secret,
they do not share.

i tried many forums but can not get a clear answer of entering and leaving this X country.

the X country i mentioned above is in ex S Union, you re absolutely right.

Flying procedure from X country
-every time someone leaves X country they get stamped on the back of passport "leaving date and gate info stamped" at passport control
Ok, so it's obviously not Ukraine :) Let's assume it is in Central Asia.

-border control always ask for visas or green cards, always
-border control is so strict, they also do ask for return ticket if you re leaving on visa (excluding green cards)
Will they ask for a return ticket if you are going to Russia? You can always buy two separate tickets: X country -> Russia -> USA. This way they should not see the USA at all in your itinerary.

-they do check foreign visas/green cards even on entering this X country just to make sure you had a legal visit outside, damn strict
Well, in this case they will be surprised why you had stayed in "Russia" for so long ;) It seems like if they really want to dig deeper, they will understand what you are trying to do. Still, using Russia as a proxy destination is the only option you can try and it may work.

Judging by your name and the X country description, you are an ethnic Russian stuck in one of the Central Asian republics after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Can you apply for a Russian citizenship through expedited process (something like Russian compatriots repatriation?) It may take a year, but it is still worth it. Then, you will be able to openly and legally use your two passports.

X country does not require a visa to fly to any ex S Union country including UAE, Turkey..

The UAE is your solution. There are many people from central asia ex-USSR republics working in UAE. So you can use this to your advantage by using the UAE as your proxy destination. Fly from Uzbekistan :) to Dubai on your Uzbek passport. Then fly from Dubai to USA on your US passport. Do reverse to get back to Uzbekistan. You will be completely ok as long as an Uzbek officer doesn't decide to add up your enty/exit stamp dates for UAE.

Both USA and Uzbekistan do not require visas for UAE. If you really want to make the story strong, buy some property in UAE and you will be granted permanent residency in UAE.

The UAE is your solution. There are many people from central asia ex-USSR republics working in UAE. So you can use this to your advantage by using the UAE as your proxy destination. Fly from Uzbekistan :) to Dubai on your Uzbek passport. Then fly from Dubai to USA on your US passport. Do reverse to get back to Uzbekistan. You will be completely ok as long as an Uzbek officer doesn't decide to add up your enty/exit stamp dates for UAE.
I really doubt he can stay in UAE that long without a visa. And when he starts using his Uzbek passport this way, there will be very few stamps in the beginning, so Uzbek border control can easily see that something does not add up.

im sure there must be lots of people in the same position,
for some reason most people keep it in secret,
they do not share.

i tried many forums but can not get a clear answer of entering and leaving this X country.

I find it most ironic that you are complaining about other people "keeping it secret" yet you yourself could not tell us what exactly the mysterious X is.

Belarus would not be the problem for the OP because he would cross into Russia without any passport control at all and fly from there.

perhaps the OP is from Russia.

The OP mentioned that X country enjoys visa free travel to Turkey and UAE. I confirmed that all the ex-USSR 'stans enjoy visa free travel to Turkey. But there are no ex-USSR countries that enjoy visa free travel to UAE. Russians and Ukrainians can get a tourist visa to UAE easily though.

Whatever country X is, the general solution is the same: use a proxy third country as point of entry to 'wash' the situation. It is up to the OP to figure for themselves what that proxy country is going to be, based on the visa restrictions for country X (which only the OP knows).

NW4jsf

How to fly with two passports:

One way: one passport in each hand and flap your hands like wings, fly like a bird!..haha:eek:

The better way: You fly to Ukraine on your US passport, no visas required. In Kiev, you find the embassy of that Uzbekissmekistanstan country and tell them gypsies stole your Uzbekishmekistanstan's passport na vokzale..haha.
Koroche...get your Return Permit..( cost nothing and they don't check anything)..and on your way!
To return: use your Uzbekiorwhateverstan passport to get to Ukraine...and fly the hell out!
It has been done many times!
The problem is that hohli think you stayed in Ukraine the whole time when you came back. However, when you fly from the US..tell them you obviously didn't...