How to find out if the company has revoked your H-1B-Pls HELP!!!

Mona123

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

I wanted to know that is there a way to find out if one's H-1B has been revoked or not.
Example:One gets H-1B transfered fromcompany A to B.But due to some issues/RFE, H-1B could not be processed for company B.
Now how do we find out if company-A has revoked the H-1B or not?
Help in this matter will be much appreciated!!!!

Many Thanks,

online??

You probably need to contact a lawyer over this but here is my take. My wife got laid off from her job and we wanted to know when her H1B would be revoked.

Her company sent a letter to USCIS 10 days after the layoff asking to revoke her H1. She got a copy of the letter. However, we have been checking online and its been 2 months since that date and the USCIS online info system still says that the visa is valid.

Technically, your H1 is invalid the day you leave the job. Now, it takes time for your company to send it and the USCIS to digest it, so depends on how you want to look at it.

Mona123 said:
Hi ,

I wanted to know that is there a way to find out if one's H-1B has been revoked or not.
Example:One gets H-1B transfered fromcompany A to B.But due to some issues/RFE, H-1B could not be processed for company B.
Now how do we find out if company-A has revoked the H-1B or not?
Help in this matter will be much appreciated!!!!

Many Thanks,

You probably need to contact a lawyer over this but here is my take. My wife got laid off from her job and we wanted to know when her H1B would be revoked.

Her company sent a letter to USCIS 10 days after the layoff asking to revoke her H1. She got a copy of the letter. However, we have been checking online and its been 2 months since that date and the USCIS online info system still says that the visa is valid.

Technically, your H1 is invalid the day you leave the job. Now, it takes time for your company to send it and the USCIS to digest it, so depends on how you want to look at it.

Thanks for the reply, but how do we check it online?