How to find if you employer has filed your GC or not

lalaker

Registered Users (C)
A lot of people have question on how to find if their has filed for their GC or not. There are a few different ways to find out and here is one of them. This is only helpful to findout if you know a roughly when the date was forwarded to DOL. Click on the link below

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

and enter the employer Name and select the state you should see the results.

If you company has filed for labor for a lot of employees then it would be useful if you have a rough idea on when your labor was filed or forwarded to DOL

Hope this helps

It doesn't show all the cases that has been forwarded to regional DOL. It doesn't show my case as my case has been forwarded to Atlanta regional DOL on Sep'2003.

Dol case #

It will never show you your case #. But based on your salary mentioned on the labor application you should be able to guess which one is yours.

It does shows you the DOL case number if you choose to 'All fields' under 'Fields to Return' column. I have even downloaded the entire database as text file and loaded in to my database and searched for it. But no luck.

Diff in Prevail Wage & Salary

Hi All,
I am about to start my GC process. I have 2 years left on my H1B. R there chances of getting my labour cleared (Probably it will be filed from TX Services center) ?
Can anyone advice me - Should i file my GC or return to India - becoz of teh outsourcing issue - i dont know how conditions will be in teh near future. I am a consultant - Not into permanent. Every 6 months i have to find a new project.

BTW - What is teh diff in Prevailing Wage & Salary?

Thanks in adv for all the help.

Gaa Gaa GC

Re: Diff in Prevail Wage & Salary

BTW - What is teh diff in Prevailing Wage & Salary?

Prevailing wage is what the goverment decides is the mean wages that a particular class (your DOT code class) is getting.
Salary is what you are actually getting.

For purposes of GC, the salary should be atleast 90% of prevailing wage (The rule may have been changed to be atleast 100% of prevailing wage). For H1B though, the wages must be atleast equal to prevailing wage, so most of the times your employer will already be matching the prevailing wages. Bear in mind though that you may get RFE's if DOL/USCIS determines that the wages are less than the standards.

Originally posted by Gaa
Hi All,
I am about to start my GC process. I have 2 years left on my H1B. R there chances of getting my labour cleared (Probably it will be filed from TX Services center) ?
Can anyone advice me - Should i file my GC or return to India - becoz of teh outsourcing issue - i dont know how conditions will be in teh near future. I am a consultant - Not into permanent. Every 6 months i have to find a new project.

Thanks in adv for all the help.

Gaa Gaa GC