How to find I140 status if employer is refusing to give 140 LIN# ?

gangleader

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
Priority Date is Nov2003(EB3 category).I filed my I140/485 concurrently in Dec2004. Got my EAD in Feb. My money hungry unscrupulous desi employer is not giving the 140 receipt number.Arsehole is scared that I may leave his company once my 140 gets approved.Suspicion is his second nature.This is inspite of me bearing all the gc expenses and doing a hefty billing transfer. Is there a way I can find out the status of my 140 ? I filed my FOIA last month . Looking at the number of FOIA applications that are pending it might take more than 6 months.
Is there anyone on the forum who has a priority date and I140 filing date similar to mine ?If so what is their current 140 status. I heard there were lot many 140 approvals in recent times esp for the ones who did a concurrent filing in Dec04.
Any input will be highly appreciated.

gangleader said:
This is inspite of me bearing all the gc expenses and doing a hefty billing transfer. Is there a way I can find out the status of my 140 ?

U paid for Ur GC process.. thats good .. just ask Ur bank to give the back of Ur check... some bank have online where U can see back of Ur check .. like chase etc. And Voila ... it will have Ur LIN number.

But what a shit Ur boss is ... why they are so makhi chuse...

good luck.

JustGC007 said:
Ask some body who has the scanner so he can check for the Receipt date for your.

Yes thats correct -- U can narrow Ur self to few applications...

U have 485 receipt right... Now since U are concurrent .. Ur 140 might be close to Ur 485 LIN. I-140 number will be less that 485 number..
So run the scanner in small steps ... from UR 485 LIN.. Most probably the closest one is Urs 140 ... If U find few of them .. track them all...

Let us know if U are able to beat Ur not so good BOSS.
Good luck,

I-140

Best thing is Find an employer who can file PERM for you and give you a copy of your I-140 number.

Thanks to all who have responded.
EBhola,
I paid for my gc expenses to my employer who inturn wrote paid the I140 fees using his checks. So he has all the checks on which the receipt number is written. I can't threaten my employer to quit as I waited almost 2 yrs to get to this stage and I am on the verge of finishing my 6th year H1.
I first thought of finding a pre-approved labor thru someone who is more realiable and honest but looking at the expenses involved and the time it takes I backed out.
Finding someone who can do a PERM is not a problem. But again it takes a few months for that. Will have to weigh the pros and cons( like expenses , H1 transfer etc).
Scanner idea looks great as it may atleast give me an idea where I stand.

I-140

I expected that from your employer, that he will use his check for the I-140 fees.
I am happy you liked my scanner Idea.

JustGc,
One Quick (((stupid))) question. How do I use the scanner ? I have no idea about that as iam very new to this forum and my past visits have been limited to finding out my labor approval status...Once again thanks in advance.

I-140

If you try to find the scanner on line it would be easier. I don’t have it.
I head some people run it.

cool down

gangleader said:
Thanks to all who have responded.
EBhola,
I paid for my gc expenses to my employer who inturn wrote paid the I140 fees using his checks. So he has all the checks on which the receipt number is written. I can't threaten my employer to quit as I waited almost 2 yrs to get to this stage and I am on the verge of finishing my 6th year H1.
I first thought of finding a pre-approved labor thru someone who is more realiable and honest but looking at the expenses involved and the time it takes I backed out.
Finding someone who can do a PERM is not a problem. But again it takes a few months for that. Will have to weigh the pros and cons( like expenses , H1 transfer etc).
Scanner idea looks great as it may atleast give me an idea where I stand.
You spent time and energy for this and finally when everything comes to your hand dont spoil it.How about doing this?you have 485 recipt i believe, call service center and enquire about the status of your 485.If there were RFE issued or 140 approved already you will come to know.Gurus your comment on this is appreciated.

My 485 application was sent to VSC. Hence my receipt number starts with EAC whereas my 140 application has been sent to Nebraska Service center.In such a case I doubt whether we can get any rough idea on where I stand on my 140 by running a scanner against my 485 receipt number.
My SOB employer is a third class ****hole as he is not content with the money he made over me in the lst 2 + years.I still don't understand why these fuck*n desi employers forget the fact that they too were once in our shoes and why the heck don't they understand how painful it can be if one is exploited in a foreign country.
I think it is high time someone started a thread on advising newbies against joining cheap unscrupulous desi companies.
DEATH to all such desi companies.....

gangleader said:
My 485 application was sent to VSC. Hence my receipt number starts with EAC whereas my 140 application has been sent to Nebraska Service center.In such a case I doubt whether we can get any rough idea on where I stand on my 140 by running a scanner against my 485 receipt number.
My SOB employer is a third class ****hole as he is not content with the money he made over me in the lst 2 + years.I still don't understand why these fuck*n desi employers forget the fact that they too were once in our shoes and why the heck don't they understand how painful it can be if one is exploited in a foreign country.
I think it is high time someone started a thread on advising newbies against joining cheap unscrupulous desi companies.
DEATH to all such desi companies.....
I read your case and feel very sorry for you. This employer will revoke your 140 the same day when you want to use AC21.

To have an inquiry for your 485 is a good idea. However, if you have 140 RFE--nobody wants it, but everyone should be prepared for it-----and your employer think it's some official letter that should be kept in his folder then it's big trouble for you.
It's highly likely for some employer/HR person not understanding that some letter must be replied within some time period. Oftentimes it's not bad intension, just ignorance.

Maybe the best thing for you to do is to ask your employer every 2 weeks that if s/he got letter from Lincoln.
Although your employer is really mean and sly, and s/he will lie for the approval letter and for you that's okay. But I don't believe s/he will lie to you about letter for further evidence.

NSC -EB2

I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 7/20/05

I-140 LUD: 7/26/05(self)
AP LUD: 09/30/05 (self,RFE photos received)
EAD LUD: 09/27/05 (self,RFE photos received)

Bio metric: code 3- 10/02/2005 (me & wife)

I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (self)
I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (wife)

AP LUD: 09/14/05 (wife, approved)
EAD LUD: 09/21/05 (wife, approved)

11/07/05 - calles USCIS and started enqurity on I140 and it
takes one month to get the feedback)

Any one knows why delay on my I140?

Below is the reply USCIS(received 11/18/2005)

Case type:
-- I140

Filing date:
-- 07/20/2005

Receipt #:
-- LIN-05-222-xxxxx

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
-- name

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- Axxxxxxxx

Type of service requested:
-- Case Status - Outside Processing Time

The status of this service request is:

The law states that we may only give information to the
applicant/petitioner or the attorney of record. You are the beneficiary of this Form
I-140. Therefore, we are unable to answer your inquiry.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer
Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

I don't want to be offsenvie, but I'm really sick of this bushlegal guy.

People are still struggling with their several years old case, but you posted the same question again and again and again--everywhere about your 4 months old case, hijacking other people's posts.

Please give us a break and forget about your stupid question which no living soul outside the USCIS can answer!! If you must ask, start your own post and don't scatter your s**t into other people's thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
keep your temper with you. If you have problems with my posting go some where else to post your shit. don't mess with me or with my posting. Don't show your desi mentality here. I had enough desi people in my office and you don't tell me what to do.

The fact that most of people here tolerated your posts doesn't mean you're not a jerk. You should be the one who needs to go somewhere else.

BTW, why did you think I'm a "desi"? Honestly, I don't even know the meaning of "desi". I guess it's exactly people like you who gave a bad name to "desi". Have you got any positive responses yet on the forum about your questions? Guess not. That's because you reap what you sow.

Last edited by a moderator:
bushlegal :- Man learn to respect , let me ask you what do you mean you have enough Desi in your office ?? If you think you are very elite then why you are posting your questions every where over and over, it is annoying. Hire some attorney and get your question answered. Second if you have problem with Desis then what the heck you doing on this site, this site is also owned by DESI. I hope you got the point.

Moderator please deal with BushLegal.

I'm totally with Madison and Panjabi...its extreamely annoying to see BushLegals repeated posts.

Comments about bush legal

Dear Moderator,

Please remove all the bushlegal comments in all the threads. It is so annoying to everyone.. You should post only one message. It is too early to say what has happened to your case, we are oldies we are waiting for more than a year.. some people have luck in getting approved soon, some not. you are in not..

So Dont post ur message in each and every thread. Also please dont complain about desi employers. Since i am going to get GC from a Desi Employer.

Also in your case (first thread starter), the best way is to sit tight.. If you have i 485 receipt number, that is fine. Keep putting some pressure to get your 140 number. In my case, i dont have approval for 140. I belive my employer. I didn't even asked a copy of approval of 140.

So, put some pressure to get 140 receipt number (so that you can check your status). If it approved, you are lucky.

Good luck with your 140..

Regards,
VJ

bushlegal said:
keep your temper with you. If you have problems with my posting go some where else to post your shit. don't mess with me or with my posting. Don't show your desi mentality here. I had enough desi people in my office and you don't tell me what to do.
===========0000000========
Hi Bushlegal,

Everyone here is frustrated including you. I can understand your fear of bing denied or being thrown out of this country lest the applications get denied.

If you want to ask, be prepared to take the truth for an answer and digest it. I140 takes at least if not more 9 months to a year for approval. So relax and wait.

By posting your inquiry everywhere on the forum, there are 2 thing that could happen :

1. Folks could complain to the moderator and have you blocked from the forum
2. Folks wil stop taking your questions seriously and start ignoring you.

In both the scenarious its a loss for you and no one less.

So, take this desi advice or leave it. Choice is yours.

Good Luck !!!!