How to file AC21?

I want my GC

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

A consulting firm filed for my I-140 and I-485 in Dec 2003

I work at a large company through the consulting firm

My EAD was approved 06/03/2004 and expires May 2005
My I-140 was approved 07/09/2004

The company where I work wants to hire me permenantly.

My Lawer told me the following:

* Go ahead and accept the offer
* I don't need to do any thing else at this time
* I will get an RFE when my I-485 is reviewed and I can respond with a letter from my new employer.

Now, I've been reading a lot of stuff about AC21. Should I do what my lawer says or is there a better way of doing this.

Your comments and remarks are highly appreciated. Please respond.

I want my GC said:
Hello All,

A consulting firm filed for my I-140 and I-485 in Dec 2003

I work at a large company through the consulting firm

My EAD was approved 06/03/2004 and expires May 2005
My I-140 was approved 07/09/2004

The company where I work wants to hire me permenantly.

My Lawer told me the following:

* Go ahead and accept the offer IF I-485 is PENDING more than 180 days
* I don't need to do any thing else at this time
* I will get an RFE when my I-485 is reviewed and I can respond with a letter from my new employer.
------ you can do that at the time of RFE, do you know that with RFE they ask list of many documents? ask the reason to your lawyer what is the harm if you update USCIS NOW? becase they will have the new employer future parmanent job offer letter + your intent change attached to your pending I-485 file and may not send any RFe if they have the info.
and it is not MUST that they will send RFE, what if they dont send RFE and approve the case or I-485 based on past employer letter? if that happen then by law you are supposed to work after GC with the employer who filed I-140 or may face problems at the time of Citizenship
Now, I've been reading a lot of stuff about AC21. Should I do what my lawer says or is there a better way of doing this.
----- I will update USCIS and send AC21 letter
Your comments and remarks are highly appreciated. Please respond.

Hi Ginnu

I really thank and appreciate for helping so many people on the forums.

I filed my I485 with a employment letter that did not have the salary mentioned. Also my I140 was approved on March 2004, and i am also past 180 days. Hence i switched my job to a new employer who is paying me the right amount and is also ready to give me the same title and job description.

Now my questions are

1. By not mentioning the salary in my employment letter while filing 485, can that cause any problems for me.

2. Or is it a good advice in this scenario by being pro active and send AC21 with the new employment letter which has the same job description and salary

Thanks In Advance

HaveMercy said:
Hi Ginnu

I really thank and appreciate for helping so many people on the forums.

I filed my I485 with a employment letter that did not have the salary mentioned. Also my I140 was approved on March 2004, and i am also past 180 days. Hence i switched my job to a new employer who is paying me the right amount and is also ready to give me the same title and job description.

Now my questions are

1. By not mentioning the salary in my employment letter while filing 485, can that cause any problems for me.
------ no, they may send RFE and send new employer future job offer letter, if you dont want long list of documents with RFE then update USCIS now that your intent has changed and you would like to work permanently with new employer after I-485 approval and you would like to use AC21
2. Or is it a good advice in this scenario by being pro active and send AC21 with the new employment letter which has the same job description and salary
------- I will do that and will not wait till RFE
Thanks In Advance