How to expedite the RTD

After a month of having sent my i-131 to NSC, I faxed them a letter explaining that I needed my document expedited due to a work related trip. About 3 days later I received a letter from them saying that they would not rush my request because it wasn't a "life or death" situation.

I emailed my senator's office, (well... one of the senators in Florida), and they emailed me a form that I had to fill in and fax back to them. I also faxed the same form to NSC, and in about 10 days I received the RTD in the mail.

When I check the case status online, it still says that my application is pending.

The fax number is 402-219-6171

Hope this helps....

I tried the same thing and it did not work. I had to wait 5 months to receive the passport.

3 to 5 months is just too long to wait for a Travel Document. 4 to 6 weeks should be the timeframe and they should have expediting processing fees for those who choose to want it faster.

3 to 5 months is just too long to wait for a Travel Document. 4 to 6 weeks should be the timeframe and they should have expediting processing fees for those who choose to want it faster.

I completely agree with you! I was ready to pay extra $300-400 to expedite it but there was no way to do it. I ended up paying $400 to reschedule my flight because the RTD did not arrive when I was expecting it to arrive.

that's scary...

So I filed for my travel document and I have a notice date of April 30, 2007. My last LUD on that case was May 3, 2007. Should I expect the travel document by the end of August? That is 4 months and plenty of time I think...This is my third RTD and it generally takes around 3 months or so. I need to travel to Europe at the end of October. Hopefully I'll get my RTD before then.:eek: What is going on at NSC???

My Lud Has Changed

I completely agree with you! I was ready to pay extra $300-400 to expedite it but there was no way to do it. I ended up paying $400 to reschedule my flight because the RTD did not arrive when I was expecting it to arrive.

I applied for RP AS an expidited service after i got important information from you and WANT, i mailed my application with my previous RP at the end of june
i received a receipt notice with ND JULY 2,

fot the last 2 days mt LUD IS KEEP CHANGING, it changed to july 16 and then
to july 17,

i really hope i got email approval soon, i need to go to japan aug 2

I like to bug NSC. When my application for permanent resident was pending, I started to email them like crazy until it got approved.

Then I needed to expedite my RTD application, so a month after sending the application I faxed the rush request, and although they first said no way jose, I got a form from a senator's office authorizing them to inquire about the case, and faxed it to NSC pretty much every day for like a week, and got the document.

Where do you send Expedite Request for RTD?

After a month of having sent my i-131 to NSC, I faxed them a letter explaining that I needed my document expedited due to a work related trip. About 3 days later I received a letter from them saying that they would not rush my request because it wasn't a "life or death" situation.

I emailed my senator's office, (well... one of the senators in Florida), and they emailed me a form that I had to fill in and fax back to them. I also faxed the same form to NSC, and in about 10 days I received the RTD in the mail.

When I check the case status online, it still says that my application is pending.

The fax number is 402-219-6171

Hope this helps....

Don Chinche,

Do you know what address should I send my expedite request to? is it the address where we send Form 131 or the address on the receipt?

I am not sure if faxing is better than mailing a request to them. Did you mail them a letter as well?

Thanks