How to enter on AP ?

haresh

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I have valid AP and EAD . Can anyone help for following

1) Before I got EAD, I had five H1B approvals. I never travelled outside USA. So I have all I-94 which came with all of my H1Bs.

My question is , when I leave USA, how many should I submit to Air-line ? Most recent one or all ?

2) I have three APs (all having same expiry date). Do I need all three to travel or just one ?

3) When I enter back to USA , using AP , what are the docs I need to carry ?

Your response is appreciated.

1. Submit all. Staple them together. Before submitting make a copy of all for your personal record.
2. Carry all three. You will need only one. Do not hand over original at POE. Politely ask to make a copy of it.
3. 485 reciept notice and your passport.

Thanks JH,

I am bit more confused. I have following questions ..

1) My latest I-94 is expired because I moved to EAD/AP status. Can I still submit all to them ?

2) At POE, while entering on AP , do they take a copy or they stamp and give me back the original ?

3) I get new I-94 ?

some more clarification

Do we just submit one original and a copy of AP? The officer is forced to stamp the original and give it back by keeping the copy for their reference.

Are we legally required to submit all three originals?

A new I94 with AOS written on it and would be stapled to passport.

haresh said:
Thanks JH,

I am bit more confused. I have following questions ..

1) My latest I-94 is expired because I moved to EAD/AP status. Can I still submit all to them ?

2) At POE, while entering on AP , do they take a copy or they stamp and give me back the original ?

3) I get new I-94 ?
1) Yes. Do not forget to staple it - they might misplace it otherwise.
2) They will stamp and make a copy of it. Your piece will be given back - they will keep copy for themselves.
3) Yes.(see rajudm's reply).

Jharkhandi said:
1. Submit all. Staple them together. Before submitting make a copy of all for your personal record.
2. Carry all three. You will need only one. Do not hand over original at POE. Politely ask to make a copy of it.
3. 485 reciept notice and your passport.

Jharkhandi,

Anyone in this situation where immi officer demands both AP and Receipt notice? I think only AP document suffice. Need not to carry receipt notice.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
Jharkhandi,

Anyone in this situation where immi officer demands both AP and Receipt notice? I think only AP document suffice. Need not to carry receipt notice.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
You are right - it is not mandatory as per law to carry it - it is meant for precaution to keep underlying 485 handy at POE - that is all, if you are on EAD.

Jharkhandi, how about this...

You mentioned that if one is on EAD I485 receipt may be required. What if the person is still on H1 but wants to use AP to get back and continue working on H1. Will there be an issue?

Can they also ask for EAD card? I hope not.

rajudm said:
You mentioned that if one is on EAD I485 receipt may be required. What if the person is still on H1 but wants to use AP to get back and continue working on H1. Will there be an issue?

Can they also ask for EAD card? I hope not.

No there is no issue with that. You can work on H-1 and travel on AP. I have personally done that a couple of times last year and this year as well