How to do AOS if I-140 Approved for CP?

jigesh

Registered Users (C)
While submitting the I-140, I had clearly opted for AOS. I received the Approval Notice last week saying that "the petition has been forwarded to the NVC for consular action." - probably means that I must now do CP.

NVC AVM does not yet have any data on my case (probably yet not reached to NVC from INS,VSC).

1. Can I file for AOS (visa is available as per the Visa Bulletin) even if it looks approved for CP?
2. How - simply by I-485 or any other form like I-824?
3. Can there be any likely complications/delays due to AOS despite CP?
4. Do I need to wait for a letter from NVC with visa number before filing I-485?

Thank you.

Jigesh

To Jigesh

Same thing happen to me. My I-140 was approved for CP eventhough it was applied for AOS.

1. Can I file for AOS (visa is available as per the Visa Bulletin) even if it looks approved for CP?
-Yes, you can apply for AOS even if your I-140 was approved for CP. You can check this out at www.murthy.com FAQs.

2. How - simply by I-485 or any other form like I-824?
-Simply by filing I-485.

3. Can there be any likely complications/delays due to AOS despite CP?
-I\'m also wondering if there will be any complications/delays but as of now, I have not established any proof that it can cause delays. One thing I noticed, my EAD is still not approve until now. Some people with NDs dated 01/2002 already received their EAD while my ND\'s date is 12/2001. If this is due to my CP to AOS, I\'m not sure.

4. Do I need to wait for a letter from NVC with visa number before filing I-485?
-No, give them a call (NVC) and tell them that you want to adjust status here in the US. They will ask you to fax a notice saying so.

Hope this clears some gray areas.

No Title

Thank you very much, NJ_VSC_GC! You removed all my doubts. So far NVC does not have record of my case (as per their AVM) and probably they have yet not received my petition from the VSC. I will keep on checking it and as soon as the NVC AVM reports my case, I will fax them the "intention to adjust."

Thank you, once again.

Good luck with your AOS.

Jigesh