How to deal with pending RFE

shankara1975

Folks,

My RFE for I-485 was submitted on 28th Dec 2004. They had asked for 2yr pay stubs which I submitted promptly. There was LUD on 31st DEC 2004, after that there is now movement. It is 60 days now - I would like to know what to do as a next step. People who had repied RFE in Jan 2005 got approved in Feb 2005. I am worried INS has misplaced my file or something.

Is your RFE 2 year paystubs ? How did you keep all of them so safe ? Are you sure it is 2 year paystubs ?

I think he meant 2 yrs W2. Anyway, it is normal for USCIS not to do anything after replying to RFE for a while at least. Look at my signature. Hopefully, yours will be approved soon.

shankara1975 said:
Folks,

My RFE for I-485 was submitted on 28th Dec 2004. They had asked for 2yr pay stubs which I submitted promptly. There was LUD on 31st DEC 2004, after that there is now movement. It is 60 days now - I would like to know what to do as a next step. People who had repied RFE in Jan 2005 got approved in Feb 2005. I am worried INS has misplaced my file or something.

I am in the same boat. My RFE repsonse was sent back on 12/7 and updated on 12/10 i think. Till now no movement. Recently on Jan10th applied 3rd EAD and AP and EAD is approved on 2/25 and waiting for AP approval. I think talking to your local congress man is the only option i can see. I also had my name shcek response from FBI sent back to INS on 3/12/03.

Process to talk to local congreesman

Could somebody give a list of steps we need to follow to talk to the local congress man. Probably process could be some thing like this.

1) Find your local congress person. using a website.(dont know which website)
2) Prepare all the documents (140 approval , 485 Recepit notice, if RFE then RFE details(received and responded dates), FBI namecheck response email, anything else?)
3) A cover letter with our case briefly explained and why we are contacting congressmans office.

Help me.

thanks

I have all paystubs for the past 4/5years. They did ask for all the pay stubs for the past 2yrs. I will take your advice and do the FBI name check and then file a petition with the congress man. I filed for AP on Feb 16th 2005 - no response yet.
Thanks everyone. Good Luck.