How to check the status Online...

danp

Registered Users (C)
What is the link to check the status of my citizenship application....thanks

Dan

Is this status not useful after the interview ? As I always get some message saying that "your case cannot be determined" some thing like that. I recently had my interview done. Is there any other status line to check for the post-interview cases ?

gaurav2005 said:
Is this status not useful after the interview ? As I always get some message saying that "your case cannot be determined" some thing like that. I recently had my interview done. Is there any other status line to check for the post-interview cases ?

I had my interview in Dallas on August 30, 2005, and the message on the USCIS website never changed for my case i.e., it still says "The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system..."

My app status does not show on line

My status does not show online. I have done the FP and got my interview letter ( which for some reason got cancelled)..but when I aksed the Cust Srvcs they told me that this could be becuse the DO office never updated you case on the system. Not sure how accurate that is!!

Actually someone on the forum mentioned that once the interview letter is issued it does not show the status online. I was wondering does it show the status after the interview for the oath etc.

gaurav2005 said:
Actually someone on the forum mentioned that once the interview letter is issued it does not show the status online. I was wondering does it show the status after the interview for the oath etc.

Since my interview letter my status change for not available on line - or something like that - I was interviewed and approved and the status remain the same...lot of reports that it keeps this way even after you get your naturalization certificate... hope they fix it because it would take away half of the worries if the correct status were there...

I have been checking my status since my FP appointment in June 05 and all it ever says is

"Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on March 23, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 360 and 390 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Does this ever change, or am I looking in the wrong place?

federal102 said:
I have been checking my status since my FP appointment in June 05 and all it ever says is

"Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on March 23, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 360 and 390 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Does this ever change, or am I looking in the wrong place?

You are looking at the right place. Keep monitoring the status. Once it changes to this:

"The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283"

I believe an interview letter is on its way i.e., within a week or two, usually.

Good Luck!

So does anyone know why the case status NEVER shows up at all for some N-400s, right from the time the N-400 is sent in?

Receipt Notice

Hi,

When will the online status begin to show - as soon as you get the notice letter or when you get the FP notice. ( I know that for some people the online status does not show up at all, but I was wondering about those who were able to check their status online )

Thanks,

hi_gen123 said:
Hi,

When will the online status begin to show - as soon as you get the notice letter or when you get the FP notice. ( I know that for some people the online status does not show up at all, but I was wondering about those who were able to check their status online )

Thanks,
I was able to check my status online the day I got notice letter.
I would not trust online info, the received date online is different from PD.
my pd is 07/25/05, but online it said app received on 07/27/05.