How to check if FP was approved and INS got it?

Gheewalabhai

Registered Users (C)
After how many days of FP can you get info and from where? AVM still
says application received on ---- but my FP is already submitted. Anyone had similar expericence?

If yours was a manual FP, like mine - it may take 1 month to 3 months to get from FBI to INS

why they do manual vs. computer? is this just random or they have a reason behind it?

mine was manual and wife\'s computer. where to check it if it was ok?

Just depends...

Depends on the resources available at your local INS center. Why they would do manual if they had a machine available, I don\'t know - Unless the machine was broken. Automatic machine fp takes 2-3 days to clear by FBI. For your manual fp - call fbi for your status. You will need your A number.

Mine took only 2 weeks

My wife had her FP taken with the digital machine and it only took 1 week for the AVM to say that her FP results were back and that her case was back on process.
My FP, in the other hand, were taken manually and it took 2 weeks for the AVM to say that my FP had been collected and were pending review.
I called the FBI and they told me that they had sent the FP back to INS (2 weeks after they took my FP). That means that the "pending review" phase is in the INS.
However, I have been in that phase for 2 months now....