How to check backgroud check status? check from where?

williambay

Registered Users (C)
I filed I-485 on 12/15/04, CSC , ED based
FP 3/16/05
Still waitting, inquiry CSC, they sent me a ltr on 8/3/05

"The processing of your case has been delayed. We are currently awaitting the results of required security checks on this case. These background checks are required of all who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking...."

I read privious email. Back group check is not name check. Any one can advice How I can check my "back ground check" status?

Thanks a lot.

williambay said:
I filed I-485 on 12/15/04, CSC , ED based
FP 3/16/05
Still waitting, inquiry CSC, they sent me a ltr on 8/3/05

"The processing of your case has been delayed. We are currently awaitting the results of required security checks on this case. These background checks are required of all who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking...."

I read privious email. Back group check is not name check. Any one can advice How I can check my "back ground check" status?

Thanks a lot.
My case is similar to yours. FP was in the same week. I have not recieved anything from the USCIS. I called the FBI and they told me that their are two parts of the check. One had gone through and the other (National Name Check) usually is backlogged. They only provide email status and I believe that status check is also backlogged.
You can get the details about the email inquiry from the recorded message at 202 324 2399

Good luck! Do post back if you hear find out anything.

Cheers,

Hi, rp1234

Hi, rp1234
What is the frist part of FBI check?
What is the FBI inqury phone number?

Thanks!

My Notice date is Sep. 2004 and I am still waiting for the naming check.

Name check

Hi lucky_gc,

Hope you are really lucky. You can send an email to FBI at fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov. The phone number was provided in this thread above your own inquiry. Anyways, I'm reproducing it here: 202-324-2399

I have sent two emails so far but no reponse from FBI in that regard.

Good luck.

format of email

Hi,

what should be the format or content of the email that we send to get info.
does anyone have a sample email?
Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

I have no clue where my case is
485 was filed in June 2005 and just today I saw that the processing date on uscis page shows is oct 2005(CA center).
I have not received any email, no LUD nothing.

what should I do?
Please please help.

Thanks.

contact your congressman/woman and senator in your state

we applied in CA. but we physically live in IL. Our attorney have us contact IL senator/congressman. They don't speed up the FBI name check process at all. But they contacted us as soon as our name checks are cleared.
Hope this helps.

name check

aukumar said:
Hi lucky_gc,

Hope you are really lucky. You can send an email to FBI at fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov. The phone number was provided in this thread above your own inquiry. Anyways, I'm reproducing it here: 202-324-2399

I have sent two emails so far but no reponse from FBI in that regard.

Good luck.

Even I am in the same boat.
my PD is dec 2000 and applied for 485 in march 2006. FP 8/16/2006 and I called the above no and they said that my name check is backlogged and my case is in washington dc like 2 months ago.
but I called them again and they said that my case is in CSC and it is in Extended Review status. so I dont know what is this extended review status , can anyone help me with this.
thanks
Krishna

hmattaparti said:
my PD is dec 2000 and applied for 485 in march 2006. FP 8/16/2006 and I called the above no and they said that my name check is backlogged and my case is in washington dc like 2 months ago.
but I called them again and they said that my case is in CSC and it is in Extended Review status. so I dont know what is this extended review status , can anyone help me with this.
thanks
Krishna

so this num that u called, a live person talked with u? is it the num for fbi namecheck or fingerprints? from which country r u?
how common is ur name?

name check

I talked to a live person.
I am from India and EB3. so my last name is not that common. it is hkmattaparti. so I dont know why they have put my case in extended status,
thanks

hmattaparti said:
I talked to a live person.
I am from India and EB3. so my last name is not that common. it is hkmattaparti. so I dont know why they have put my case in extended status,
thanks

u mentioned lately that u called fbi namecheck and u inquired about ur case status. what is the number that u called?

and how come they replied to u becasue they said somewhere that they don;t reply to inquiries anymore. at which hour u called ? is there a way to expedite ur namecheck they told u?

hmattaparti said:
thanks
Krishna
Extended Review is when the case is outside of USCIS, in an external agency (from 26) under investigation. USCIS need the results to approve your case. In this situation, everything else is all set, cleared, for adjudication. But, `cause of a "record" status on yours IBIS name check, USCIS sand the case to an external investigative agency. (FBI NC= OK, FBI FP= OK, IBIS NC = RECORD). As of 01OCT06, there `re still 4904 GC cases in this agencies.
;)

name check extended review

jhawilla said:
Extended Review is when the case is outside of USCIS, in an external agency (from 26) under investigation. USCIS need the results to approve your case. In this situation, everything else is all set, cleared, for adjudication. But, `cause of a "record" status on yours IBIS name check, USCIS sand the case to an external investigative agency. (FBI NC= OK, FBI FP= OK, IBIS NC = RECORD). As of 01OCT06, there `re still 4904 GC cases in this agencies.
;)

thanks for the info boss. but what can I do to fasten my case like calling anyone and talking to them or emailing them.

reg uscis extended review

Hi
Does Extended review always mean only IBIS record?
I used a travel document to visit Canada in 2006 when my I-485 was still pending approval.
Now my husband's has been approved and mine is still pending. On calling customer support, they told me that it is under extended review.

Can anyone tell me what it means?

immihelplogin said:
Hi
Does Extended review always mean only IBIS record?
I used a travel document to visit Canada in 2006 when my I-485 was still pending approval.
Now my husband's has been approved and mine is still pending. On calling customer support, they told me that it is under extended review.

Can anyone tell me what it means?
Did u apply under 245i? PD?