How to change Attorney Pelase?

aks999

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have recently changed job using AC21(not filed AC21) and i would like to change the attorney too. My I485 is pending since Nov 2003.

I would like to communicate with DHS myself, if needed, and would like to get all my documentation from the attorney. Can anyone please let me know the forms to fill and the process to follow. How can I get all my papers from the attorney?

Appreciate your help.

aks.

Use the form G-28, Complete information in this link.

G-28 Information

aks999 said:
Hi All,

I have recently changed job using AC21(not filed AC21) and i would like to change the attorney too. My I485 is pending since Nov 2003.

I would like to communicate with DHS myself, if needed, and would like to get all my documentation from the attorney. Can anyone please let me know the forms to fill and the process to follow. How can I get all my papers from the attorney?

Appreciate your help.

aks.

Totally incorrect.

617D said:
G28 can also handle change of address for "old" attorney.

G-28 is for filed by the applicant to for Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative. It is used applicants consent.
If you file a new G-28 when attorney firm changes its address it new consent. There is no change of address form for attorney's. All they can do is write a letter with all the receipt numbers they are handling.

Not exactly

tammy2 said:
G-28 is for filed by the applicant to for Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative. It is used applicants consent.
If you file a new G-28 when attorney firm changes its address it new consent. There is no change of address form for attorney's. All they can do is write a letter with all the receipt numbers they are handling.

I said also. It's a multipurpose form. I just signed off on a G28 form because my attorney had moved.

How to get the docs. attorney has

Thanks for the inputs folks. I will file form G-28 with DHS for a change of representation. Now, how can i get all the documents, specifically all my approvals form the current attorney? Please let me know.

Thanks,
aks.

aks999 said:
Thanks for the inputs folks. I will file form G-28 with DHS for a change of representation. Now, how can i get all the documents, specifically all my approvals form the current attorney? Please let me know.

Thanks,
aks.

You can ask him. Just tell him that you need it for documentation purpose.

If you change the attorney usually they knows how to get it. FOIA is the last option.