how to change address

CcatVSC

Registered Users (C)
Anybody knows how to change living address, just call VSC or have to write. I have to renew my EAD card in local office, but my address is an old one which does not belong to that center. The local INS officer say I have to change address from VSC first.

Anybody knows, please help

CAV

No Title

There are two ways.One way is to call the INS service number and the other is to file a form AR-11 for change of address

No Title

Hi, You two,:) if call, is it the number 802-527-4913? Will the changes be in the system right after calling. Because the local INS says they will not process my EAD card until they see the right address on the computer which should be changed from VSC.

THanks for replying

CVS

No Title

Please be careful. The AR-11 is not for VSC. It goes to DOJ and "can" be used by VSC - but they may well never become aware of it through that office. In fact, you must do two things. The AR-11 is mandatory for all non-citizens so that the government can track our whereabouts for statistical purposes and failure to provide AR-11 within 10 days of a change of address can have arbitrary consequences as severe as deportation - it is so indicated at the bottom of the form itself. For step 2, send your address change directly to VSC along with photocopies of all I-485 applicants affected by it to ensure accurate tracking.