How to call VSC representative

fox12

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Guys,

I know someone must have asked this question, but unfortunately I just can't find the info. Can anyone please direct me how to call a VSC representative? I want to find my Name Check status.

Thank you so much

Tip to Call VSC

Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

485_stuck said:
Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

National Customer Service Center at 800-375-5283
1, 2, 6, 1, EAC#, 1, 3, 4 ====>> Customer Service Representative -OR-
1, 2, 6, 1, EAC#, 1, 3, 2, 1 ==>> Customer Service Representative

fox12 said:
Hi, Guys,

I know someone must have asked this question, but unfortunately I just can't find the info. Can anyone please direct me how to call a VSC representative? I want to find my Name Check status.

Thank you so much
Did you get your information? When did you do your FP?
Thanks,
--Naveen Oshos

fox12 said:
Hi, Guys,

Thank you so much
I got through to a lady who said that the security check is not over. I asked her whether Name check nad Sec Check is the same? She said she can't give out specifics. My FP which was done is 1st week of Aug was received by them in the beginning of Aug that is what the present message on their site says.

Any luck on your side?
--Naveen Oshos

Hi Folks,

Please see my signature, does this give any clue about name check being completed. My message still says FP received dated 20th September.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Just called the Customer Representative via 800-375-5283 with option 1,2,6,1,EAC#, 1,3,4,1, but got no new info about my case. However, I was told to call back to check my status after Nov. 27, 2005.

Info about my I-485
EB-2 (NIW)
Priority Date -- 06/2000
RD -- 08/27/2005
FP -- completed on 09/15/2005
LUTs -- 09/15, 09/17, 09/27, 10/20

Thank you very much, Assur and 485_stuck, for letting me know the contact info.

Fox, may I ask how you can keep a PD 2000 of NIW while submitting your 485 only recently? It took them 5 years to approve your 140? That looks unreal.

fox12 said:
Just called the Customer Representative via 800-375-5283 with option 1,2,6,1,EAC#, 1,3,4,1, but got no new info about my case. However, I was told to call back to check my status after Nov. 27, 2005.

Info about my I-485
EB-2 (NIW)
Priority Date -- 06/2000
RD -- 08/27/2005
FP -- completed on 09/15/2005
LUTs -- 09/15, 09/17, 09/27, 10/20

Thank you very much, Assur and 485_stuck, for letting me know the contact info.

485_stuck said:

Press 1 (for english),
Listen to the options-

This is NOT correct. You can only speak to National Service Center (in which they know EXACTLY what you see on the web. You CANNOT talk to any specific center.

I followed the steps and it worked. Thank you very much.

485_stuck said:

Press 1 (for english),
Listen to the options-

I had an approved I-140 in July 2001. Unfortunately, my former employer bankcrupted in the late 2001. After my I-485 was filed, USCIS kept my former PD.

Actually, many I-485 applicants are in the same situation as mine. That's why the processing time is moving at a reasonable speed after the retrogression. Just my personal opinion.

Fox12

Fox12, I don't wanna get your hope too up. But what happened to me was I called VSC, and they would not tell me anything that i had not known. But I was also asked to call back in two weeks. ( The lady I spoke to told me so very firmly.) Then 5 days later, I recieved my I485 approval. So I would say, it is a good sign.

I still don't understand how you can be transferred to VSC. I did exactly what it says and I asked the rep. who answered if he was from VSC - he said no. I asked if I can be transfered to VSC - he said no.

You can however be transfered to an immigration office but that doesn't mean you are speaking with VSC...I did that once and the immigration office I spoke to was in CA, so I really believe you are missled...you cannot speak with VSC directly.

Here is my Exp.
I call VSC but no use . She told me that we are working on sept 2005 case , So call after 10 month .

My FP is done on Nov 2005 .
After finger print there was One LUD , Massage has not change.

Do any one has same case that has FD on Nov 2005 and get approved .

Thanks

SBI1 said:
I still don't understand how you can be transferred to VSC. I did exactly what it says and I asked the rep. who answered if he was from VSC - he said no. I asked if I can be transfered to VSC - he said no.

You can however be transfered to an immigration office but that doesn't mean you are speaking with VSC...I did that once and the immigration office I spoke to was in CA, so I really believe you are missled...you cannot speak with VSC directly.

Called NSC and no use.

Friends,

Based on the above discussions I called and spoke to a rep from the NSC to get an update on my Name Check status, the lady said she cannot see any informatin regarding Name check processing and asked for the zipcode where I live and she gave a FBI telephone number and asked to check with them for my name check status.

She said she could not even say whether name check request was even sent to FBI or not... I'm more confused now.

TIA

Chandradesh
chandradesh said:
Here is my Exp.
I call VSC but no use . She told me that we are working on sept 2005 case , So call after 10 month .

My FP is done on Nov 2005 .
Do you know if she meant they're working on FP done on Sept2005 or I-485 filed on Sept2005?
I called a couple of weeks ago and was told to call back after a month. I had my FP done on Sept2005.
Thanks.

Hey guys if ur PD is not current and will not get current for a long time ... why not just forget about the name check finger printing etc... and live a life without any tension... by the time PD gets current rest will be done ...i will recomend to chill and sit back and relax .. it will all be done when its time. VSC is working.

Contacting VSC

Folks : This is a cheatsheet I found and is the easiest way of contacting immigration officer:

800-375-5283 - Select language - then press 2, 6, 2, 4 at the prompts, press 0.

archer747 said:
Hey guys if ur PD is not current and will not get current for a long time ... why not just forget about the name check finger printing etc... and live a life without any tension... by the time PD gets current rest will be done ...i will recomend to chill and sit back and relax .. it will all be done when its time. VSC is working.

I'll tell you exactly why - because say we are all surprised and PD becomes available for thos of us who wait 4 years (or more), and the name check is not completed - the fact the PD is current won't help you a bit. What will do then - rip your hair off your haid, saying "God damn...so now when my PD is current I am stuck with name check!"....and then, by the time your name-check will be cleared, your PD will go back 4 years again....

So, I don't know how old are you, but I can tell you from life experience - you don't sit back and relax...you need to make sure every proces is finished and ready for the next step. I better get upset about back-log in name check NOW than rip my hair off if/when PD becomes current and look how it passes by me because name check wasn't ready...

chandradesh said:
Here is my Exp.
you mean that they are processing Sept 2005 i-485?